Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to get a tune from Tom. Our 04 SVT is completely stock. Do we need anything else such as a CAI to help this tune out?

Also, I have seen a lot of posts about the intake runners not switching over? How can i check to see if I am having this problem?

·
Registered
511 Posts
Does your exhaust tone change once you pass 5k rpm????? You should definitely hear a difference. Also, if your DSI is busted, they would be stuck in the "short" position (default) so you would have NO low end power. And lastly, you should be able to hear the runners switching over if you stand by the driver's side of the engine while someone else turns it on and off (if you hear a something cycling over and over then you probably have a problem with the DSI clip- there's a how to on how to fix that- or the actual actuator). Hope that helps.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Oh, and definitely get Tom's tune. It totally wakes up the car (but you'll probably not feel as much compared to your 515 hp Cobra, lol).

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Artood2s said:
Oh, and definitely get Tom's tune. It totally wakes up the car (but you'll probably not feel as much compared to your 515 hp Cobra, lol).
LOL

Actually to me the SVT has no low end power but nearly everything else in my driveway is a V-8 (I have an 84 Mustang SVO as well)

I can say that compared to 2005 focus ST, our SVT is a lot weaker on the low end compared to it. From mid range up though, it pulls waaaaaaaay stronger (the SVT over the ST).

When I get the shifter cable fixed, I'll try the key on, key off thing you mentioned

·
Registered
511 Posts
Well yeah, I meant the low end thing relatively.........the 2.0 is a little pee shooter compared to those v-8's.

·
FF Affiliate
30,926 Posts
QWKSNKE said:
Looking to get a tune from Tom. Our 04 SVT is completely stock. Do we need anything else such as a CAI to help this tune out?

Also, I have seen a lot of posts about the intake runners not switching over? How can i check to see if I am having this problem?
My tune will help the low end issues a lot

It is hard to check the intake runners , I can look to make sure but i think the Predator has the ability to scan the IMRC and when it opens and that it is open

Tom

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Tom.

Let me get some more side jobs (Mustang work) this month and I'll see if I can get one of your tunes on order in August

·
Registered
24 Posts
Tom,

I wrote to you a few days ago and didn't get a response so I tried calling yesterday and got no answer. I'm trying to place an order for a predator while the pricing is great, but can't seem to get in touch with you to get it done. Hopefully you see this because I can't stand the bogging anymore!

I need a tune[cool]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts