Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2017 focus sel I was considering getting it tuned as I've read that it could increase hp and performance. I've never tuned a car nor am I all that familiar with the process. From what I've gathered I need to buy a tuner and then contact someone who has "presets" essentially for a tune to alter the performance, download that preset let's call it to the device and upload it to my cars computer with the port. If all that is correct could anyone steer me in the right direction as far as a reputable person/company to go through that provides the tune. This is my first vehicle and daily driver so I want to make sure the source is reputable and that the tune won't deteriorate my engine and the vehicle overtime with an inadequate tune I don't want to run this thing into the ground. Also if anyone has some links to good reference material so I could learn a bit more of the ins and outs as well as options that would be great. Also if anyone knows of some reputable sites for some aftermarket parts like bumpers, lips, lights etc that would be a huge plus as it's something I'm looking to do down the road. Maybe it's just me but it's sorta tough finding too many body styling options for a focus sedan of this year but maybe I'm just not looking I'm the right place. Thanks in advanced!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also regarding the tune if anyone has any idea of what I'd be looking at as far as performance gains by getting it tuned and maybe pricing that would be killer!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Talk with Tom here on the forum. he sells a tune and flasher on his site focus-power for around $450. with free unlimited updates as you add on more performance mods.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts