Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys this is an odd, possibly amature, question but i was wondering if it is possible for the tune to "disapate" over time? My car feels slower now than when i installed the tune. My most reasonable explanation is that i have just gotten used to the tune now but if any of you know if its possible for the ECU to correct itself please let me know.

Andrew

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
The ECU does have a "learning" feature to it, but the basic tune will stay the same until it is reflashed/updated. You can reset your ECU by undoing the NEG battery cable for about 15 minutes. Do this while the car is warm, reconnect it and let it idle a few minutes. The try to do some mixed driving to help it recalibrate. Most likely it is just you getting used to the tune, my '02 SVT started feeling slow after a while, so I went and bought me a '04 with a blower, lol

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
haha thats always a fix i guess. So if i disconnect the battery cable, the tune i flashed the ECU with from Tom will reset itself or will the ECU go back to stock settings in which case i would just have to install the tune again?

Andrew

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
The learning portion of the ECU will reset itself. The tune by Tom you loaded will remain on the car.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts