Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a tune to make the 2.0 GDI exhaust pop and crackle?

I have a 2014 focus k&n filter, air filter lid delete, snorkel delete, muffler delete

I can hear the exhuast pop and crackle once in a while, in specific situations. im sure if a bit of fuel were to be dumped during deceleration id hear more pops and crackles hence my question.

is there a cheap chip tune or do you need to have a tuner like SCT?
Sorry ive never done any tuning before Thanks [thumb]

FF Affiliate
To Tune your Focus it would have to be with the SCT XCAL Flasher

I cant say my Custom Tune will pop and crackle altho some say it does , My Custom Tune will help many more things and perform much better

Tom

Focus Preacher
Eliminate the fuel cut and introduce air in the header (like Kleen Air System)...oh it will fart like a loose grandpa!

Registered
There are some ST tunes that will give you that. However I'm not 100% sure the name of the custom tune. Found it on some YT video.

You had two options, Mild and Aggressive.

w/ my magic bag
There are some ST tunes that will give you that. However I'm not 100% sure the name of the custom tune. Found it on some YT video.

You had two options, Mild and Aggressive.
That be great if the OP had a ST.......

Old Phart
Gotta say it, that's a hangover from OLD carbureted cars that weren't working as well as they could back in the day. No good way avail. at the time for a performance carburetor setup to do a fuel cutoff that was adequate.

STOCK cars had that added in for emissions, and the pops & crackles went away for the most part.

But now it's kinda like when someone had a 'lope' tune avail. to make one sound a BIT like a race cam idling poorly. Tom didn't want to do that type of tune because it wasn't good for the car, and when something breaks the Tuner gets blamed.

IF you had a track car without a CAT (illegal in most racing classes now for Sports cars) THEN it would be kinda OK to do - but STILL not great for it.

Registered
My supercharged SVT backfires like crazy. So does my RS. Tunes can definitely create backfiring.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

FF Affiliate
Thats a ST , much easier to do with Turbo , but why would you want to

Do things that make it performs better vs sound better

Me... I would rather have a Focus that sounded slow but ran fast then sounds fast and runs slow , but thats me

Tom

So mote be it
IF you had a track car without a CAT (illegal in most racing classes now for Sports cars) THEN it would be kinda OK to do - but STILL not great for it.
catless and going with a header will help you hear any of those extra noises better... I could get some light burbles when i had my FSwerks header on the car, none since taking it off

Registered
With my high flow header-cat, 2.5 exhaust and Tom's tune my sedan crackle and pops but not obnoxiously (IMHO) like the ST tunes that are available. Just has that sweet rumble with some pops and cracks on decel.... just enough to sound cool but not be over the top or obviously forced by tune.

FF Affiliate
My Custom Tune does a little , not like in the VID tho , to me thats to much and attracts attention which is followed by a warning or ticket

Tom

Torretto!
You can change exhaust for that.
Exhaust helps if you have a header which removes cat and free flow exhaust (non chambered just resonated)..crackle is more of a FI thing but pops definitley

Torretto!
When I decellerate, I get lots of popping (almost typed pooping!), so much its even a bit much sometimes, hahaha

FF Affiliate
how much does it cost to get my car tuned?
You get the SCT XCAL4 , Full Custom Tune , Free Lifetime Unlimited Tune updates as you add more mods , Datalogging services , US shipped for 462.00

Tom

1 - 19 of 19 Posts