Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Rebecca
2016 Focus ST
18,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a SCT tuner pictured below . . .

which I had for my old Ford Ranger. I was wondering if you could make a tune for my 06 ST and replace the Ranger tune. I did return the ranger back to the stock tune so I am assuming that the SCT shouldn't be locked. ( I was reading Wayne's threads earlier) SO assuming you can use my SCT and replace the old programs, I have a few questions.

1. How much would it cost?
2. How long would it actually take? If it takes 2 or 3 weeks, that is fine, I just don't want to be told like 2 days, and start calling you every day asking where it is after 2 weeks.
3. What would be the disadvantages of keeping the stock tune at regular 87 octane instead of 93 octane. I would rather not have to burn premium.
4. Could you change the tire size from the stock 205-50-16 to 215-45-17?

Lastly, I have the FS exhaust system and a Steeda SRI for perfromance mods. Not that I drive 120 mph, but would this tune disable the fuel cutoff at 120 mph? Lastly, i heard that the ST's are pretty aggressivelt tuned , so how much power do you think we could milk out of a tune? If you need any more information, just let me know. Thanks

Mike

·
FF Affiliate
31,098 Posts
That tuner would have to be sent back to SCT and the main program changed to Focus IF that could be done they charge 150.00 it would take 3 to 5 days , I would get you a RMA number and you send it to them and they send it back to you

You would be better off going to a SCT XCAL2 then you could make small changes likt tire size your self

Tom

T

·
Rebecca
2016 Focus ST
18,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
all right thanks then, I was hoping that wouldn't be the case. If I am gonna go with the XCAL 2, I would rather do a few other things first to the car. I'll keep you in mind when that time eventually comes though. Thanks for the input though.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts