Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have been reading these forums for a couple of monhs since i got my 2000 zx3, im interested in modding my car with the following

Focussport or volant intake
focussport stealth exhaust system, flex pipe and racing headers
TB, dont know what brand yet
FS cam gears
FS UDP

well what im not still sure about is when exactly do i need to tune and also i dont know were to go, anybody know were to go in the san diego area, the closer to the border with Tijuana the better

when you guys say you need to tune is it Dyno tuning?

thanks for your help guys

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
well, with a tune, you can either do what's called datalogging with your preferred tuning device, most people go with the SCT XCalibrator II, and send the people that you bought that from a log, and then they will create a tune for you that you download into the unit, then to your car. from what i've heard, they usually do a pretty good job of it.

dyno tuning, on the other hand, is where you go to your local dyno shop and have them create a tune specifically for YOUR CAR. now, this is better than sending emails to people that don't have your car there to work with, but it will cost more since you have to pay the shop to do it.

third, you could always buy your xcal and do it yourself. but you would really have to know what you're doing, otherwise you'll [:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)] up your car.

most people do a tune after intake and exhaust, and i'm pretty sure you need a tune anyways when you put in cams.

hope this helps!

as far as your mods, get the Focus Central TB. i just put mine on and it's AWESOME!

·
( o Y o )
5,549 Posts
Def get all of your mods and then tune. Its the best way to get the most power of of the tune, and its the safest.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
^^^^ true that. and by the way i love you plans. go cant go wrong with FS all the way, they are one of the best.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks again

well i think my mods have to wait because i have a problem, the car is lowered and im not sure how they did it but when i hit a hole in the road or uneven road i hear and feal the suspension getting a big hit, so im gonna buy the eibach suspension kit, i hope that takes care of my problem

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well if we are taking just about money and not quality , i dont mind paying more for quality parts and focussport seem to sell good quality parts

if there is better performance and lower cost please elavorate a little more on your response please

thanks for the help, it is greatly appreciated

1 - 8 of 8 Posts