Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright. I'm looking at making a replacement cross member for my car. Basically the stock one weights to much, is big and bulky and is getting in the way of a very straight free flowing exhaust setup for my car.

Wondering if anyone has heard of or seen anyone that has made a replacement piece for the focus.

I know they have the cross member for the V8 conversion but I don't think that is going to work when still retaining the zetec engine in the car.

Worst case, my buddy who is a welder fabricator by trade will have to make me one and my car will be down for a little while again.

·
C2H5OH
11,867 Posts
There is nothing out there that I've seen. So you'll be doing more R&D, but you're getting pretty good at that [:D]

Really shouldn't be too hard to fabricate though so long as you keep the locations of the A arms and rack in the same positions.
and actually the cradle for the V-8 should work for the most part, the only thing I'd imagine you'd have to fad up is the lower mount. But i don't think you'd have any weight saving by using it.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm not to concerned about weight savings as much as I am about freeing up room for a straighter exhaust. In all actuality having the V8 mount in front of the engine like it is could pssibly help out a little bit as well. put that weight a little more forward then it is now. Possibly help out as far as traction at the strip.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts