Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, Looking to turbo the foci in the summer, wondering the best prices and where to look? I've already looked around a bit and they seem to range around $3-$4000? And should I do any exaust work/ brake work along with the turbo because of the extra power? Thanks for you time guys! Looking forward to hearing your feedback!

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
well your right about the 3k-4k and with the turbo id prefer a nice 2.5inch exhaust with that.

·
Fear the TurboSnail!
6,625 Posts
The F2 kit has the Focus Sport kit beat for the money. Both kits are high quality. I highly recommend a 2.5 inch exhaust. The SVT brakes would do you very good. With your 05 the fronts are a piece of cake. Unbolt your calipers and take off the rotors then install the SVT calipers and rotors. The rears will take you a few hours if you had drums, But since you have the ST I would see if the rear brakes are the same as the SVT if so all you have to do is upgrade the front. However the 05+ brakes are better than the 00-04 so if you want a turbo go for it.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah My car just rolled 68,000 K two days ago, I want to get er done soon. My buddy turboed his 1995 Accent and it was just to much fun! I really want to get her turboed. going to cost a pretty penny but it will so be worth it.

·
BodyKits=PantiesDrop
13,168 Posts
moving you to FI Chat

·
Fear the TurboSnail!
6,625 Posts
Well if you plan on insalling the kit your self the hardest part will be pulling your stock exhaust manifold. I recommend removing your lower engine mount. That way you can rock the engine. I also recommend two people for this. I did it by myself and took and hour or so to pull it out.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
personally i love my focussport kit.. and yeah its def worth the money :)

your ST brakes are pretty good stock, but you could always upgrade the pads or rotors to drilled/slotted.

and yeah a 2.5" exhaust is recommended

f2 has a kit and focussport has their kit. focussport has mannnny more kits out there already b/c f2 just released theirs. and according to early dynos, the focussport kit makes much more hp (like 50-70) and a little less torque (like 15). both companys have a basic kit which is cheaper. focussport's kit comes with tuning for the life of the kit. if you change compression ratio to 8:1 or 9:1 for instance. or use different cams that arent TOO radical. and if you get a cossie IM or something. randy will tune for it for free.

·
Fear the TurboSnail!
6,625 Posts
F2s early dynos where on an auto focus. Manuals put down more HP at the wheels. I'll let you know what my dyno pulls are like once I get my car back. I'm having some other work done and then a tune.

·
Registered
359 Posts
chalk one more up for FS

I love my kit have over 77,000 miles on my turbo kit.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts