Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im lookin at the tsunami brand front bumper and it doesnt look like it has corner lights... isnt this illegal? or do they ship with spots for corner lights?

·
Retired Fanatic
20,000 Posts
Is on the Focus Central website..... also check it out on my EXTERIOR MODIFICATION COMPANIES sticky I got going on. It's listed under the body kits area.

·
Registered
394 Posts
S2 said:
Yes that's illegal. You have to cut them into the bumper. Sucks....
wouldnt it be easier to stick on those orange reflectors they sell at Crappy Tire? lights are not a requirement near the front of our cars, due to its dimensions, but Reflectors ARE a must.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Same goes with SVT Dean's Saleen kit, his has no marker lights on his and hes never been hassled for that, althogh hes been hassled for being too short his head barely reaches over the dashboard but thats another story alltogether. Also, I had blacked out side markers on my foci for over 3 years, and every time i mention it to the cops, they always tell me they dont care cus its not breaking any laws

·
GO Green
11,148 Posts
^^but dont forget paolo, you live in canada, the laws are different down here, i think blacking out your side markers is illegal, im not positive, but i wouldnt be surprised if it was.

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
Blacking out your side markers is actually illegal only because of the reflector deal. Reflectors are a must in the front and in the side and front of your tailights. You may remember that APC had to recall a bunch of their tailights for this reason. The possibilty of someone getting stopped for this is rare, but it can happen. I'm not sure if this is the same for Canada...

---Randy

·
Registered
89 Posts
on a side-note. I've blacked out my side markers, and taillights. When I asked my next-door neighbor about em, he said he really didn't notice about em or care all that much. He told me that he only busts people on the nitpicky things like that if your either 1.) Being a real prick 2.) Doing something rediculously stupid.
In all my experience with the popo, the worst I've gotten was a polite "Could you do me a favor and put your rear window down, cuz i can't see shit" Which was followed by a full searching of my car and me. roflmao. no fix-it ticket, no verbal command. 2.5% too. just my .02
Oh yea, my next door neighbor is the SWAT Sniper for our Police. Scary mofo

·
Registered
394 Posts
like i said earlier, get a pack of $5 stick on reflectors from CRAPPY TIRE, it will solve the problem. i plan to use them when i get my euro front on the car,cus teh 3ur0 is the shizzit

1 - 11 of 11 Posts