Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, a short bit ago my front bumper goth the business by some idiot in a parking lot. scratched, paint chipped, etc. I figure rather than pay for the repaint, might as well go for the replacemtn bumper. What does everyone think of the new Tsunami front bumper?? I like it because its 1) different 2) relatively new on the market so its not played out yet..lol 3) not super flashy...... Any comments welcome, Thanks!!

·
Premium Member
2,993 Posts
get one put on...and ask us what we think...I haven't seen any posted pics of an install other than the mfg one. I think it's cool to look at in that pick, but I can't get a feel for the proportions of this bumper without some other views.

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
good enuff HRW, thanks. I dont know what picture your speaking of, but the one i saw is on this link below:

www.aspecmotorsports.com/00to03fordfocus.htm

check that out and see if it is the same pic that you saw. I like it, I think I may get one put on. Finding a nice rear bumper is going to be hard, being thT I have a sedan. not a big fan of the rear apron offered by wings west.

·
Premium Member
2,993 Posts
Cool site...never seen it before. Yep same pic. I'm pretty pick when it comes to body kits in general, so sorry if I came off a little stiff. I'm just not one for "overhange" looking front bumpers. When I first saw the Tsunami....I did check into it.

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i totally understand where your coming from man, i appreciate the input. I just don't want to "overdo" it on styling, however, i'd like to replace some things. Im not a fan of most rear bumpers, and if I did'nt think it would look fuuny to have a after-market front bumper with stock rear bumper, i'd keep it..lol It sits high as it is,so to have a low front and that super high ass end would look funny I think. As far as front bumpers go, there are so many to choose, but some are way too flashy or involved for my taste. Its time like these I wish i had the HB..lol Thanks again.

·
Registered
105 Posts
$450.00 for a bumper seems like a lot to me, get the repaired one and hope you don't end up paying 250 for more prep work lol

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well at one point i would have also thought that to be a steep price. But hey you'll pay 350 for any wings west front bumper that 3000 people have..lol and after hearing my friend paid $3500 for a full widebody kit for a Celica GTS. $450 for a bumper seems like nothing. Us foci drivers have it good I think..lol

·
Registered
178 Posts
nice kit, but I'm not to fond of how it covers the headlights..... definantly would be a 'newer' kit to have though...

·
Hawaii Five-O
1,257 Posts
I really like the 00-03 Ford Focus JT AUTOSTYLE JT EVO 5 Kit. It's Sweet!

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
Ever notice how some of those kits have a okay looking front bumper but the rear one look like ass? It looked okay. But I'm not a body-kit type of person.

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
lol i feel that! Thats why i was thinking bout the front bumper. My front bumper got violated in a parking lot. and instead of paying to have it repainted, i was thinking bout replacing the front. I might just invest my money and get it repainted, new grilles, and clear markers. I just hate the eye sore on the pasgener side of my front. grr

·
Registered
10,022 Posts
i couldnt use it anyway, those things on the headlights would cover up my turn signals

1 - 16 of 16 Posts