Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I am looking for some sound but I did not want to spend a lot of money on a exhaust that is not going to get a lot of gains. I was looking on here and saw something about Tsudo. I looked it up and they are on ebay for $215-$230 shipped.

Now in the auction listing it only lists the catback for ZX3s and ZX5s. It clearly states that it does not fit on an SVT. I searched on here and came up with a thread that says they do fit. Im just kind of confused and was wondering if anyone knew for sure if they fit the SVT?

Thanks a lot.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
they do fit, a couple people on here have it and i am getting it soon, it is by far the best sounding exhaust for a focus, i had one on my older focus. just make sure if you get it you chop off the tip and get a new one welded on or run it with no tip like i will be doing.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Why chop off the tip? I know its like 4 inches or so but does it hit the diffuser?

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
it says 4" but it is actually 4.5". you will probably need to remove the diffuser, i had to cut my bumper on my regular focus for it to fit

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah I def do not want to do any cutting so if it hits the diffuser I will take it off and go get a new tip. It most likely will hit it.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
yea, but for the price and quality sound you cant beat it. i still dont know why people are paying $400-500 on a bunch of bent metal that cost only $100 to construct

·
Registered
329 Posts
I would be interested in this as well let us know how it goes.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I will be sure to let everyone know. I should be getting his in the next couple of weeks.

·
GT40 all the things!
9,482 Posts
I have been looking into this one and the OBX. I'd like to see how you like it.

·
Registered
329 Posts
I was wondering about that too. Wonder if anyone else has the exhaust?

·
Registered
282 Posts
I just looked at one, whaaa?! is this like the best kept secret of ebay or what? I am also very interested in the results, i would'nt mind a few extra hp and better sound for that cheap. Is this one of those that sits sideways out of the exhaust deffuser? no bueno. Also, im seeing two kinds showing up, is it the one with the muffler on the end or one with the mufflers before, both say for our years. We need some testimonials!

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah there are 2 different ones. Im going with the regular one with the tip on the end.

·
Registered
289 Posts
If the exit is in stock location, a 4.5" tip will fit the SVT diffuser just fine... it'll fill it... without a lot of clearance... but it'll fit evenly. Looks kind of like a matchbox car, but I enjoy mine... haha.

·
coooookie monster
7,570 Posts
if you want sound by a 3in glass pack and do 3in all the way through ; )

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
there are 2 different pictures there and the one that will be for our cars is the one with just the tip at the end, not the canister style one. Here are 2 vids when i had it on my regular focus:

Was the best money i ever spent on that car, sounded amazing.

·
Registered
752 Posts
doesnt sound too shabby.. i like it

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
doesnt sound too shabby.. i like it
you also have to take into account this is on my S2 focus that had about 112 hp and the svt is rated at 170hp. its gonna sound more mean.

·
Registered
752 Posts
true true... when i looked on egay there was like 7 different ones which one will fit an 02 svt???

1 - 20 of 27 Posts