Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, does anyone have the details on the TSB's relating to cronic brake drum squeal? I show TSB's 05105, 15301 and 15052 as the bulletin numbers and just trying to keep the wife from wanting to get rid of this wagon, it's long since paid for! Maybe a copy-and-paste or website link?

·
Registered
334 Posts
I have an 03 wagon and the dealership said it wasn't covered under TSB, but that "they knew about it" Next time I changed the shoes they said that it would clear up. I might try and get in there and clean out the buildup. Here's a link to lubing the rear drums to reduce squeal ... http://www.focushacks.com/printable.php?modid=48 ... check it out

Well, my plan is to go svt or st discs all around eventually

·
Focus Hoarder
3,633 Posts
mine used to squeal, but I traced my squeal to crappy shoes from midas.. I put on Fords best and the squeals gone
Mine used to do it only when reversing tho it was ear wrenching

just a thought, it may be just cheap or damaged shoes causing that..

·
Registered
2017 Focus 1.0 Ecoboost 2003 Focus ZTW
270 Posts
I've tried a few different brands of shoes and they all make noise to some degree. I have Wagners on now and they've been the quietest so far. The TSB involves gluing some plates to the back of the backing plate, at least this is one TSB the dealer told me about. It hasn't bothered me enough to worry about it. Mine only seem to make noise now if it's a cold damp day for some reason. By the way, I have tried Motorcraft shoes and they were still noisy. I've also replaced both drums because of wheel bearings and that didn't change the noise at all either.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I tried cleaning-helped for a short while. Then, tried new drum and shoe-helped for a short while. Nothing seems to help long term. The ford TSB fix is a special drum/shoe combination that costs a bundle. I may try the wagner shoes next.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts