Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Retired Focus Addict
9,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know A LOT of people on here got their duratec clutch replaced under the TSB that Ford issued and well I finally got mine done under the TSB but was informed of some crappy news... All of the parts that were installed in my car were the updated parts which was good but come late October, early early November they are going to have another TSB... the service advisor told me that it is 50/50 right now wether it's going to be a recall or a TSB... so I thought I would inform all of you folks about the problem some of us are going to have. [thumb] [rolleyes]

·
Registered
369 Posts
damn, i just had my cluch replaced!!

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
no problems with my clutch yet.

a little rough down shifting but.. not all cars are desinged to downshift smoothly

2006 zx3
20,xxx miles nearing 21,xxx

focussport cool flo intake
draxas header
cosworth gt spec cat back exhaust

·
Retired Focus Addict
9,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Algorhythm said:
Hopefully a recall so I can bring it in and get a new clutch.
Just bring your car in right away even if it is a TSB... just say it slips sometimes and they will have to replace it [thumb]

I have I/H/E/ tune and they gladly took my car in under the TSB and it will be in there for the new upgrade I am sure... Drew Ford ROCKS!!!

·
☼
7,494 Posts
WickedlyFastST said:
Just bring your car in right away even if it is a TSB... just say it slips sometimes and they will have to replace it [thumb]

I have I/H/E/ tune and they gladly took my car in under the TSB and it will be in there for the new upgrade I am sure... Drew Ford ROCKS!!!
There's nothing wrong with my clutch.. but it's always nice to get a new one.

·
Retired Focus Addict
9,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well beat it up a little and it will go quickly I'm sure [:D]

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
If there's nothing wrong with it, why would you want a new one? You already have one that works well. When you get a new one, there is a chance it's bad or there are installation issues.

If your is fine, be happy you don't have to deal with it.

·
☼
7,494 Posts
My car had almost 100 miles on it, so it was a test car.. I know it's nothing bad but I could just imagine what someone could have done to it :(

·
Registered
768 Posts
what years will the TSB cover and models? My clutch acts up sometimes its like im driving an 18-wheeler and doesnt wanna go into gear.

·
Retired Focus Addict
9,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Look at the sticker on the inside of the driver side door jam and see what month and year it was made...

My 06 was made in September of 2005 and was covered under the TSB.... the current TSB covers all Focuses equiped with the MTX-75 made before December 05, but some have had the problems and theirs were made like Feb of 06 and the new one that is soon to be released which may be a recall will cover all.......

·
Premium Member
21,250 Posts
I hope it's the master cylinder combo BS. I had an issue recently. Pushed down the clutch pedal, and it didn't come back up. The pedal came up on it's spring, but the clutch was still mostly engaged. After the car sat at the dealer for 2 days- it fixed itself. Something hydraulic stuck, and then unstuck.

I've heard of clutch disc delamination issues, but that usually shows up early- and not every disc does it.

·
Registered
42 Posts
i was looking for something with the clutches and i have 12,330miles on my car and my clutch is acting up and its not like i cant drive 5-speed ethier ive been doing it since i was 14 so ille have to stop at my dealer before i move to florida and if my car was made in december of 05 is that included with the recall

1 - 14 of 14 Posts