Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks. So my check engine light came on my 2017 1.0 with 550 miles on the clock. TSB 17-0061 was the issue. Everything good. basically software upgrade

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes. That's all they said. It was a software upgrade. I notice no difference in drivability. Averaging 28 mpg combined.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
fault code was P04DB according to the paperwork. Car is now reaching its first 1k miles and I'm averaging 28.5 mpg combined with mostly city driving so not too bad

·
Registered
109 Posts
Yes. That's all they said. It was a software upgrade. I notice no difference in drivability. Averaging 28 mpg combined.
I asked the Service Adviser at our dealer. He brought up the TSB on his screen and he explained that there was an error in the code that can result in a false trip of the check engine light. Evidently it won't happen on all cars, just some.[spank]

·
Registered
109 Posts
Guess we're lucky?

I asked the Service Adviser at our dealer. He brought up the TSB on his screen and he explained that there was an error in the code that can result in a false trip of the check engine light. Evidently it won't happen on all cars, just some.[spank]
Well, it happened to my wife's Focus at a little over 2 years and just under 14K miles.

Our dealer was able to get us in this morning without an appointment and reprogram it. Having lived through multiple DCT clutches and a collapsed fuel tank on her last Focus, this was a minor speed bump.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts