Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2012 Focus SE with just under 60k miles on it. Over the last couple months it's had periodic no-start issues and has randomly flashed multiple warnings for less than a second (ABS, traction control, and "Hill start assist not available", at least). I brought it to a Ford dealer yesterday and they had to replace and reprogram the TCM. I thought I was out of the woods, but I've had the same alerts and one no-start this morning...ugh. Anyone else have issues with the TSB (15B22) not resolving the problem, with the TCM still having the same issues?

·
FF Affiliate
30,142 Posts
Another TCM and have them check the wiring , I have found some Ford dealers getting lazy and updating the TCM but not updating the ECM to match , its a must they do both

Tom

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Another TCM and have them check the wiring , I have found some Ford dealers getting lazy and updating the TCM but not updating the ECM to match , its a must they do both

Tom
That doesn't surprise me. Thanks for the information! Do you know if the wiring and ECM would be included in the recall? I don't feel like paying to resolve their bad transmission choices.

·
Registered
3 Posts
does anybody know what part number they are using now? is it the AE8Z-7Z369-D or
AE8Z-7Z369-F.... I'm located in Guatemala Central America and I cant find a single mechanic that know about this issue since this car was imported from the US seems that Im screwed... any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
3 Posts
"F" is still the latest I know about , You dont have a Ford Dealer there ?

Tom
thanks for your quick reply, we do have a Ford dealer but since they don't sell fiestas in here they have no idea what I'm talking about, now, I will purchase the TCM from Amazon but I'm afraid about reprogramming it, do you know if the scan they use is a special kind or any ford mechanic with a normal scan would be able to use it?

it sure wasn't a good idea to have a Fiesta in a country that don't import them.

Ford Guatemala

Saludos!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts