Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So probably a simple thing but I've had someone help me and we can't seem to budge the Front Panel, we don't want to yank to hard and break something, is there any easier way to do this? We removed all the little black studs holding it in place but still couldn't seem to move it.

I don't want to De-badge it I just want to take the panel off so I can Plasi Dip it. I know I can do it with it on already but I want to take it off for a better stick.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry about that, new to the Forum.

Any help anyone? I'm not too familiar with all the nooks and crannies of cars just yet.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think so, like I said i'm not too savvy with this.

It's got the Ford logo in the center and two metallic plastic pieces branching off left and right.

Right Below the hood.

·
Registered
68 Posts
When i plasti-dipped mine, i just used painters tape and a lot of newspaper to dip the chrome pieces on the front of my foci

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How was that? Did it look good?

Any pics by chance?

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
It takes a bit of effort to remove. I thought I was going to break mine when I pulled it off but it ended up coming out with a bit of elbow grease without any issue.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hmmm alright, thanks for that. I think I may just Plasti dip it right on there instead. Seems like the safer route for someone who isn't too experienced with stuff like this.

Another question, what do you suggest for Rims? Should I keep them on or take them off?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Dip it on the car just masked off around it. I de-badge mine a heat gun work good to take everything off but would be easier just dip it on the car

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah I don't have any of that fancy equipment :(

So i'll probably end up just covering the rest and spraying it down.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Yeah I don't have any of that fancy equipment :(

So i'll probably end up just covering the rest and spraying it down.
Please be sure to post pictures when you're done. I think we're all interested to see how it turns out. Nice thing about Plastidip, it's forgiving. If you don't like the outcome, you can take it right off and do it again.

·
Registered
68 Posts
This was mine after 6 months, still looking good. I just masked off and dipped them, I also took my fog shrouads off and dipped those as well.

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts