Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay im planning on supercharging my car within the next year or so. But until then, i want to plan out other mild modifications i can do to help pull out the best HP and TQ without losing that bad of gas mileage. I hear powerworks is the best supercharger out there for the ZX5, but what can i really expect from it? i.e. power gains and gas mileage. ATX by the way

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
Im not sure the torque holding cappacity of the ATX so you may want to look into ways to beef that up. But other than that, maybe exhaust is about all id buy.

·
Registered
25,627 Posts
The ATX hurts you a bit as the tune for the autos is "softer" to allow the tranny to live. If you are going to supercharge it, do your exhaust now, don't waste $$ or time on the intake side as you will be throwing it away when you get the blower.
So for now. Do your exhaust the way you want it, and get your brakes and suspension finished so when you get the blower you are ready.

·
Registered
60 Posts
2.5inch is a must right?

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i got my front brakes the way i want them...currently looking for rear SVT brakes. lovin the SVT suspension.

but when i was talkin about performance, i was wondering if the superchargers came with a TB or i would have to buy an aftermarket one larger...i.e. FC 65mm or i think i saw one 70mm.

and what is the best header style? 4-2-1 or 4-1 for SS?

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
If you want to get ready for a supercharger, start with the most important thing
TRANSMISSION. see the guys over a www.lentechautomatics.com
All you really need is the Street Terminator Torque converter and the overhaul kit
which upgrades all the bands and linkages in the tranny.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ahh nice. yeah i didnt know where to look for a tranny upgrade. i can find just about anything i need for a manual, but i dont like the whole aprox. $4000 for a tranny swap lol

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
I have a question, if you upgrade the tranny as suggested and get the powerworks kit should you then still get the kit designed for the stock ATX or should you get manual version? How much softer is the tune?

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
jaxzx5 said:
i got my front brakes the way i want them...currently looking for rear SVT brakes. lovin the SVT suspension.

but when i was talkin about performance, i was wondering if the superchargers came with a TB or i would have to buy an aftermarket one larger...i.e. FC 65mm or i think i saw one 70mm.

and what is the best header style? 4-2-1 or 4-1 for SS?

The PW kit comes with a 65mm BBK throttle body.

You want a header with a 2.5 in collector (JBA makes a long tube header, 4-1 style, that Massive Speed sells) along with a 2.5in flex pipe and a 2.5 in exhaust, i recommend TruBenz because of the price and options (you need the resonator they offer as well)

Thats pretty much all you need, with the exception of a tranny build up, if you want to make real power. They detune the kit to save the auto-tragic.

·
Registered
456 Posts
The PW manual kit won't work on the ATX - some unique ATX parts.

The PW manual cal won't work on an ATX since there are some transmission commands in the ATX tune that aren't there in the MTX cal.

I can't recall any PW ATX users on this forum, but you could ask Jeffro, pzev04boy or focuschic316 on FJ about it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts