Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've highlighted the the part as red on the hatch of this picture to show what it is. I don't even know where to even find the number. What has happened is that all four(?) fastening points have broken off of the rest of the panel so it hangs a little bit loose. It will become a bigger problem in times to come and I want to replace it. I think I'll be able to do it myself (I think that you unscrew the screws from behind the panel on the inside of the hatch.

Is there anyone that's knowledgeable in this? I don't know how it happened.
2008-ford-focus-european--3.jpg

·
Registered
2004 Focus Wagon, Zetec DOHC, Auto
1,439 Posts
Maybe just get some construction adhesive or silicone adhesive and glue it back in place.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Best place to check would be a local Ford dealer. A lot of this forum is US base, so finding part numbers for non-US models will be more difficult.

·
Registered
16,218 Posts
If that part is the first hand contact point for lifting the gate like on a wagon then it breaks from simply lifting on it. On wagon you have to yank inner cover to get to the pal nuts or friction nuts holding the plastic posts on. The posts break off easily and designed to, more Ford nuisance breakage to increase parts buys.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts