Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello looking for help

When my car is warm I have a very strange surging feeling when the car is stationary. I have looked around on Google and it appears to be quite common with a lot of people suggesting cleaning out the MAF with electrical cleaner and the ICV with throttle body cleaner. I have had a look under the bonnet and just want to some clarification if I have located the correct parts as I don't think I have.

Shot at 2011-10-27

Shot at 2011-10-27

Thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh and i'm quite happy picture one is not the MAF but just need some direction of where it is.

·
GoKart and Me!!!
13,487 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Pic 1 is not the MAF, but looks like the connector that plugs into the MAF. The MAF is installed in your intake tube so that the sensor is inside. This should help.

http://www.google.com/imgres?q=MAF+...tbnw=160&start=10&ndsp=10&ved=1t:429,r:7,s:10

Pic 2 is indeed the ICV.
Thanks.

I originally took the MAF off but didn't think it was the correct part as it had a long metal piece almost like what you see in a door mechanism and looked nothing like the one on here:

http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=44679.

I will take the ICV off again then and give it a clean, thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hello took them both off now just want to confirm I've took the right bits off

Shot at 2011-10-27

Shot at 2011-10-27

Shot at 2011-10-27

·
has a screw loose
9,927 Posts
Your 2nd picture looks like a Throttle position sensor.

·
Registered
47 Posts
The MAF is in the intake pipe. Not much more detail to it, it's just sticking out the side of the intake pipe with a plug attached to it. Unplug it and unscrew the screws around it and it will come right out.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The MAF is in the intake pipe. Not much more detail to it, it's just sticking out the side of the intake pipe with a plug attached to it. Unplug it and unscrew the screws around it and it will come right out.
Yeah I've had a look at a few photo's on google and mine is not where is should be and apparently some models came with out it so I will in stead have a MAP? But I still don't know where that is! Any ideas ayone no mention of anything different in the haynes manual

1 - 9 of 9 Posts