Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have a good hookup or a trusted shop that they go to for all their work. I had a new luk clutch kit put in at bob bakers better way in mission valley and I would rather take it to a shop that has some experience with foci and some of you guys

·
WhiteSTguy
5,390 Posts
I just put in a LuK clutch kit last month. With the help(big help) of Josh (aka pumpkinSVT) at his pad though . We'll do it for a small fee [:D] a lot less then what you will pay an $80+/hr mechanic [;)]

·
Registered
570 Posts
i will pay that fee gladly
but how much to you guys know
cus i dont even know whats wrong with my car

itll be a fix rather than a swap job that u guys do

any ideas??

my problems are
1 i dont think my reverse fully ingages, or my gear is messed up or something
2 when i make right turns my car makes a clicking noise
3 when i accelerate or stop it makes random tiny click noise
4 when im driving it makes clanking noise in the motor and certain rpms in certain gears
5 my brake cable work is messed up,my parking brake barely works and its uneven

so many problems,thats why i dont take it to a shop
itll cost millions.....lol

·
Registered
708 Posts
N1TROPT1C
I actually had this problem a few weeks ago.

1-4 were fixed by reinflating all my tires to the same pressure AND getting an alignment. After that everything was fixed.

I don't know about your brake cables, though.

·
Registered
570 Posts
my alignment goes streight
my tires have good inflation
they are all mechanical problems

thanks for the input though

·
Registered
244 Posts
ey it might be the motor mount. i had dat same problem a couple of weeks ago. wen i would turn right it would make like a clack or clickin noise. n then wen i would go straight, around 3000 rpm it would make da noise again but not as much as turning.

so yeah....dats wats up.

·
Registered
570 Posts
ok so if i purchase the motormount
could i get some help seeing i dont have tools or place to do so

·
FocusRush
1,774 Posts
I have a mechanic that I would trust taking MY car to, and I don't trust anyone but myself to work on it. I had him work on my 1987 pontiac Fiero and he actually got it to work and I haven't had a problem since! His shop is super clean, and you can trust that he will not cut corners, and that he will do the job right the FIRST time. I've had my sisters had her car worked on at other places, and then she would have issues.....She took it to him and he was able to fix it and the car never ran so good!

The downside......A little pricey. If I can't afford the work for him, I don't chance it...I wait and save up the money for him to do it.

John Sadler's Auto Repair
Spring Valley, CA

You can google him for contact info.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts