Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm replacing my full size spare with a spacesaver to gain floor depth for my stereo equipment rack. I believe some hatches came with the spacesaver and had a different support structure used for the trunk floor. What models had this if any? [???:)]I'm trying to decide if I just want to replace mine (seen in the photo) with that instead of building a new support structure. I really don't want to just cut mine down.

·
Registered
368 Posts
I'm trying to decide if I just want to replace mine (seen in the photo) with that instead of building a new support structure. I really don't want to just cut mine down.
-the mini spare w/o amp foam insert is about 1 3/4" thick
-the mini spare w/amp foam insert is about 3" thick
-the full service spare foam insert is about 5 1/4" thick
Basically everything in the US that came with factory all season tires had minipares. The Ti Handling Pkg and ST cars came with summer tires and a full service spare. The electric Focus probably doesn't have a spare due to the battery.

·
Registered
952 Posts
Take a box say 25x25, cut it to the depth you need, fill it with spray can insulation foam. Cut off box, adjust shape of foam block as necessary, place in trunk.

I asked a similar question not long ago for my Mk3 and I can't remember exactly who, maybe sailor, suggested the foam. I haven't done it yet but that's the plan ;)

Edit: Spaced out on the "don't want to build" part. Sorry!

·
C2H5OH
11,867 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts