Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know if there is a trunk release button inside the car? NO One can find it. Not even the dealer. Is there one, or is it just what's on the key fob?

·
Rubber Side Down
2,415 Posts
I just found out last night there's a rubber button strip tucked behind the license plate light. I didn't see anything about it in the manual, but it's there. Your doors have to be unlocked for it to work.

·
Rubber Side Down
2,415 Posts
Or you could both read what I wrote. It's there. There's just no release inside the vehicle.

·
Registered
781 Posts
yes. i read what you wrote, but the OP specifically asked for "inside the vehicle". some cars have a button or level down on the floor near the driver's door. or in the glove box. the focus has neither. i looked for it too during my test drives. while i wouldn't have minded having one, it's not a big deal to me that it doesn't.

·
Rubber Side Down
2,415 Posts
You're right, Scott. Good point. But it doesn't hurt to let him know there is still another release other than the fob.

·
Registered
366 Posts
My Mustang is the same way. Have to use key fob. Wonder what I would have to do if battery went dead?
I know, get a new battery.

·
Registered
589 Posts
I was actually looking for this last night! Not a big deal using the key fob. Good to know there's a release on the actual trunk itself. I think I'll just use the fob. Two clicks and it opens all the way.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Hi, I guess you guys arcoss the pond have the same problem with reading the manual that we do over here [scratch]
Chris

·
Registered
197 Posts
My Mustang is the same way. Have to use key fob. Wonder what I would have to do if battery went dead?
I know, get a new battery.

Or unlock your doors (they would have to be unlocked to get in the car anyways) and then put your hand above the license plate to open the trunk.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Or unlock your doors (they would have to be unlocked to get in the car anyways) and then put your hand above the license plate to open the trunk.
I really liked the trunk release above the license plate. Reminds me of the times when I'd ride with my parents to the store to get groceries, get home, and stand around waiting until whomever was driving pulled the release. If they'd the trunk release above the plate, I could open the trunk and grab stuff out right away.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Like I've pointed out in another similar thread, your sitting in your car and you want to open the trunk for someone, you most likely have the key in the car with you. It acts as trunk release inside the car. No point in having an actual latch if you have your key.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Like I've pointed out in another similar thread, your sitting in your car and you want to open the trunk for someone, you most likely have the key in the car with you. It acts as trunk release inside the car. No point in having an actual latch if you have your key.
But if you have IA your key fob is likely in your pocket, purse, backpack, fannypack, etc. So now you have to go fish for it just to open the trunk, as opposed to reaching down to the floor to pull a lever like many other vehicles.

·
Registered
459 Posts
But if you have IA your key fob is likely in your pocket, purse, backpack, fannypack, etc. So now you have to go fish for it just to open the trunk, as opposed to reaching down to the floor to pull a lever like many other vehicles.
Yes but when you unlock the doors of your car, whoever is using the trunk can press the button above the license plate to access the trunk.

·
Rubber Side Down
2,415 Posts
Yes but when you unlock the doors of your car, whoever is using the trunk can press the button above the license plate to access the trunk.

Exactly. This is turning in to way more than it needs to.

·
Registered
781 Posts
erm. you don't even need the fob to unlock the doors of your car if you have IA. you just walk up to the vehicle and pull the handle, get in, push the start button, and drive away. no fishing for fobs!

·
Registered
855 Posts
Hi, I guess you guys arcoss the pond have the same problem with reading the manual that we do over here [scratch]
Chris
Hear, hear!!!

http://www.motorcraftservice.com/pubs/content/~WODFOC/~MUS~LEN/41/13focom1e.pdf

Page 77 of the 2013 Owner's manual - (except that that appears to be to the left of the headlight switch, which is also shown on Page 91 as the dimmer decrease button and Page 92 as the Fog Light switch, so ...) And the 2012 manual didn't mention it at all ...

Mystery solved - it looks like the 2012 did not have one. The 2013 does and the dimmer switch is on the right side of the headlight switch (like it was for 2012's with fogs) and the left side is either the trunk release or a segmented trunk release/fog light switch, but the 2013 manual doesn't correctly reflect this on pages 91 and 92.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts