Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've called Ford to order a trunk release kick panel, i looked for a used one, did not find one. Ford parts told me they can only search by serial number or part number, my car never came equipped so that leaves ordering with a part number. Anyone out there with an equipped car willing to request the part number. I would think you would have to contact Ford with your vehicle serial number to look up the part number. I'll try another dealer parts department and see if they can find a part number for me.

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Ford Parts .com lets you do more searching than the dealer has time for, might help if no-one has the info. handy.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys, that was fast, I'm going to order one, i hate having to grab my fob to open the trunk, that was a really dumb thing for Ford to leave out.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I went to Ford and each piece is a different part number, so it is too costly to use dealer parts, I'll keep an eye out for recycle parts. In the mean time I have a spare fob the key ring piece broke off, I just filed it smooth and stuck a Velcro pad on it and attached it to my drivers headliner on the roof side so you can't see it, voila, my first mod. I don't know if it qualifies but it works.

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Works for you is the first requirement for GOOD mod.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts