Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Focusless
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is there anything i can do to have my hatch tone down on the rattling? i have subs and it doesnt really sound the greatest from the outside cuz of the hatch rattling. its not the license plate, but its just the hatch. is there any way i should go about fixing this.. without it being expensive?

·
has a screw loose
9,927 Posts
Sounds like you may need to Dynamat a few things . I had the same problem in my doors with the speakers rattling and with a sheet of that stuff you can work wonders.

Or if you want to go the cheap route only other thing I can think of would be to use an extra thick foam where you think the rattles maybe coming from .

·
Registered
159 Posts
Definitely go around anything where metal to metal meet that may cause the noise and put some sort of dynomat or other foam there to dampen the noise. i would check the plate and plate frame again just to ensure thats not it. even tho you already said it wasnt. that's where my main problem lies for that particulat situation.

·
Registered
570 Posts
my buddy stuffed paper towels in every opening on his trunk
works good

worse case sinario
loss of paper towel

·
Registered
131 Posts
I have a 10" P3 in my trunk and i had the problem but i took and put dynamat on the inside of the trunk lid under the plastic and filled the bottom and sides of the inside of the hatch with expanding foam insulation. There is much less rattles in the trunk now.

·
Registered
206 Posts
My friend used Peel and Seal from Home Depot... cheaper than Dynamat.. works the same..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts