Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I did a bunch of searching but I dont really know what to search for... Basically every focus I see in town (we all know how common the sedan is) has the key hole under the plate. Mine however is off to the right side of the trunk... Is this normal? I have this weird feeling my car has been rear ended and the old lady I got it from had it fixed under the table. If somebody could either post some pics of their trunk (inside and out) or point me in the right direction that would be great. I looked for some type of vin sticker or serial number but didnt see anything.

·
br/o/stang
5,563 Posts
the 00-04 trunk has it under the plate, but the 05-07 trunk will have it in the trunk trim to the right of the ford symbol. The lights/bumper and lid of each gen swap to the other, maybe it was hit and the replacement parts were for an 05? People on here have done swaps just to get the different look so maybe it was owned by someone who modded it befoe the old lady

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mine is in neither of those places, and I was thinking of doing a rear swap just because it bugs me so much and the 05+ rear is better looking IMO =p

I will post a pic up for you guys, I just de-badged the "focus" and it got me thinking about it again.

The lady has passed away otherwise I would just ask, and she was the only owner.

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
Most 04's had it off to the side. Go on Auto Trader and search for 04 ford focus and look at the pictures. The page on there that I'm looking at only has one 04 with it under the plate

·
br/o/stang
5,563 Posts

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
Yeah I couldnt tell you why Ford redesigned it for one model year but they do a lot of weird stuff.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts