Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
DTC P0606
3,364 Posts
How's it "not working"? Dash button release doesn't work, won't latch fully, won't open with a key fob? A few more details would help.
Cheapest, easiest check is to make sure the lock mechanism is well lubricated.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry i thought this was a real common problem, Its the latch it will not stayed closed.
if you use the button to unlock. The motor works to unlock. right now i have the plug for the motor unplugged, it works fine by the key on the trunk.

·
Meh.
10,609 Posts
I'm still confused. When you close the trunk, it doesn't latch again unless you do it manually with the key?

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
Sorry i thought this was a real common problem, Its the latch it will not stayed closed.
if you use the button to unlock. The motor works to unlock. right now i have the plug for the motor unplugged, it works fine by the key on the trunk.
Hi mustv8,

If you are unable to fix your latch, and you're tired of using the key to get in, you may want to consider bringing it to the dealer so they can inspect it and determine why it is not working. Let me know if I can help in any way!

~Natasha

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm still confused. When you close the trunk, it doesn't latch again unless you do it manually with the key?
I have had the latch apart and what i can tell is that if the motor stops in one spot it will keep the latch unlatched. so if i get the motor in the right spot i can use the key just fine. I have made sure its lubed good and motor works fine. By the way it makes a ratching noise when using the button is this how thy all do.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
uuuhhhmmmm......

·
Meh.
10,609 Posts
I have had the latch apart and what i can tell is that if the motor stops in one spot it will keep the latch unlatched. so if i get the motor in the right spot i can use the key just fine. I have made sure its lubed good and motor works fine. By the way it makes a ratching noise when using the button is this how thy all do.
I don't think I can help you much with this. I have only had trouble with the button inside the car and haven't heard of anyone else having this issue.

As far as the noise, all mine does is a quick click and nothing more. Just an idea but it may be an issue with the motor itself.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts