Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having trouble with the trunk/hatch latch on my '04 Focus SVT. It works only intermittantly. Sometimes pressing the latch button on the dashboard does not operate the hatch solenoid, and I have to insert & turn the key in the hatch lock. Other times, I can't lock the hatch at all — the latch on the hatch refuses to catch the "post" on the car body.

Is this a common problem? How difficult to fix? How expensive if I take it to a dealer?

·
Registered
188 Posts
Bump, I have the same problem basically. I push the button, you hear the sound like the latch is working but the hatch does not open. Except I don't have any keys for it at the moment...

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Most of the time it takes 2 pushes on the remote (key or dash) to unluck the hatch.

and

takes 2 closing attempts to get the hatch to stay closed on mine.....................

·
Registered
131 Posts
Mine used to have the closing problem till i took off the inside cover of the hatch. I sprayed some expanding foam insulation(stop some vibration) and i also moved the latching mechanism around a little bit.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Known problem , replace the entire latch unit, its a piece of crap, just tear apart the old one and have a look 4 yourself.Even lubing the thing only seem to work 4 a few days.(all this providing its correctly adjusted, and you dont have a problem with the switch on the dash )

1 - 7 of 7 Posts