Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so ive decided to go with a trubendz set up with my zx3 with the borla muffler. is this setup good? should i see if a resonator is available or just forget it.

·
WRX/Focus:)
4,940 Posts
I would actually just buy the one that comes with a muffler, and nice tip. Because the hangers are already welded to the pipe. I ordered the 304 stainless steel one with just the tubing, and man was it hard to find someone to mig weld hanger on. It's not that there aren't a lot of people that do it, but everyone has there own price.

Yea it's an extra $100 bucks, but I see it as worth it.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
oh you bought just the piping? im buying the actual setup for 330. that comes with everything ready to go correct?

·
@redwoodone
9,432 Posts
Don't.

Their fitment is shit. One of the Wisconsin guys bought one and it didn't fit so he actually had to cut and re-weld it. And their customer service is shit too. I would go somewhere else.

Or just buy a full Borla setup.

·
Registered
306 Posts
oh you bought just the piping? im buying the actual setup for 330. that comes with everything ready to go correct?
The $330 setup is all ready to go. You'll just have to slip the hangers into their mounts and bolt everything in.

Wisco is actually the first person I've heard with 2nd hand information about their fitment being off. They've been making these systems for 10 years, and continue to be an oft picked choice for Focus exhaust.

Personally I picked up the piping kit because I added my own choice of muffler/res and was able to weld them along w/ the hangers on myself. Everything fit perfectly.

·
BACON?
3,170 Posts
I say get the resonator. it will be a little quieter. and it will sound much better when you remove the cat.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Resonator does not quiet it down just changes tone. Second don't get trubendz. Have taken it back to shops 4 times the bends are all wrong and their customer service sucks. They did a combo of tig and mig welding and none of the pipes were starched (advertised on the site as a bolt on) I shoulda went with Fswerks (zero fitment issues). I've got a muffler a 14" res and a cat in place on my exhaust. If you want it quieter get a second muffler IMO. Any other questions feel free to ask.

·
Registered
385 Posts
I got a trubendz this month. 2.5" ss whith magnaflow muff and res and the fitament is good. Only complaint i had was the slip joints could have been stretched a little bigger. Sound is awesome.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Hmm I just realized you're in Ohio. I feel your pain... also have to get E-checked. Have my truck registered at a family member's house in another county though just to get around it ;)

Nothing wrong with leaving your cat in if you're not too serious about power. If it comes down to it, just gut the stock cat (will still pass visual inspection), or buy a high-flow cat.

·
@redwoodone
9,432 Posts
RyEnd said:
Wisco is actually the first person I've heard with 2nd hand information about their fitment being off. They've been making these systems for 10 years, and continue to be an oft picked choice for Focus exhaust.
Yeah.. it was my buddy Scott (InfraRedSVTF) who had all the probs. I think one of our IL buddies had issues too. Idk, ever since I've just been skeptical of them.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
the $330 setup is a catback system and will mount right up to the stock cat? and it will work with the zetec?

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
I have had 3 of thier exhaust setups and I had good luck with all of them.

·
Registered
306 Posts
engine > exhaust header > cat > flex > the rest of the exhaust.

The trubendz system is the "rest of the exhaust" part. They can also make you a flex.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts