Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't know if this warrants an entirely new thread, but what the hell. How good of quality is Trubendz??? Good welds, longevity, etc.? Comparing it to my "authentic" Magnaflow exhaust (with anti-rust matting)...

Thanks.

·
Registered
8,262 Posts
I've heard it both ways...I have a Trubendz 2.5 stainless flex section, I would rate its quality as so-so...the bends are good, the pipe is a decent quality stainless steel (at least it hasn't rusted at all yet), but the welds leave something to be desired as they're just a straight bead (or at least they were when I got my flexpipe from them in early 2005.) I'm sure their full exhausts are up to par, but you're not going to get the same high quality features that you would from a major name-brand exhaust.

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would expect the fit to be good...at least I would hope it was with it being such an apparently popular company. I was just wondering about quality and life...thanks...

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
used to be just a tiny little on the loud side, and that's with a header

now it screams with the supercharger lol

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
I have the resonator

My focus is a sleeper until the light turns green :)
Just keep your foot off the gas until they ask for it.

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
i had a magnaflow 2 1/2 cat back and everything fit perfectly....except, the tailpipe tube after the muffler, they didnt seem to expand it over the 2 1/2 so i just went to autozone and rented an expander and fixed it in 5 mins

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
well on the highway the magnaflow isnt bad, its my daily driver too. sometimes i wished it was just a little louder. and as for the aluminsed version. thats what i have cause i was poor but i wanted exhaust. it is holding up really great, this is my 2nd winter with it on and when i was under my car yesterday do do some work. it still looks pretty new. and i live in New England, so there is a [email protected]# load of salt on the roads

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
I have the 3" stainless Borla Trubendz... its a pretty good setup.. we had a couple of fitment issues but they were easily taken care of.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts