Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
which one do you prefer. looking for opinions. i am looking to get a exhaust system and i have narrowed it down to this. also trubendz has 3". i have been reading 2.5" is most preferred and i havent seen anything mentioning 3" exhaust. i do plan on putting a turbo in, but that is in the future. would 2.5" or 3" be better if i go with trubendz.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Fswerks. Trubendz fitment sucked ad to have my exhaust alter 5 times because I found out diferent thing here and there didn't fit and or got loose. If your fine with that go with them I like my exhaust. But I cant believe they didn't want to do anything. They told me to go to a shop and have them stretch the end they didn't do and if they charged me they would pay for it. I'm like wtf pay me anyways cause of my 4.10 a gallon for gas is not free. Go with Fswerks it's a quality pice that is perfectly fitting and hence why everyone chooses it. Because its the bomb.
I think it's like how just about all Harley guys get Vance and Hines pipes focus guys get Fswerks.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I think I'm going to go with the FSWerks exhaust, but that's based entirely off the my subjective opinion that it's the best sounding after watching a bunch of exhaust clips on Youtube.

·
Focal Distortion
2,332 Posts
If you can afford it go for FSWerks, if money is tight and you don't mind the fitments being a little off, then Trubendz it is.
Now I have the Trubendz 2.5" with a Magnaflo and love the way it sounds, but money was super tight and they were a few $$$ cheaper.
Also 2.5" is pretty good for our cars, and thats as big as FSWerks offers. Trubendz does offer 3" but Im not sure if it would even fit with there less then stellar bending/fitment!

·
Boost Addict
2,628 Posts
Never had a fitment issue with my Trubendz 2.5" system on my old 2005 or my current 2007. I've had my Trubendz since 2008 and couldn't be happier.

Either company makes a quality exhaust for our cars.

If plan on running boost on the stock engine, the 2.5" system should be plenty.

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
^yeah Grove's exhaust sounds really nice. Honestly, you can't go wrong on either choice. It's you're staying n/a I probably wouldn't get a 3" exhaust.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
Go w/ The FSwerk's & be done w/ it!

·
Registered
716 Posts
I've had no probs with my trubendz. I had it put on by a muffler shop so, fitment wasn't an issue.

·
Registered
301 Posts
I got the SS 3" with hfc from trubendz. The part that bolts up to the flexpipe is made to bolt to a 3" pipe, so without some modification it will just about swallow up your flex pipe. I just made a 3/4" plate that bolted up to both but made a tight fit between the stock size flex and the 3" trubendz. This is the only mod I have on my 2.3 zx3 and I love it. I went with 3" b/c I wanted to get the fswerks turbo kit eventually, that was 3 years ago and I dont think I will ever get it. just no money to mod anymore 8(. but sounds awesome and I never had a problem with it! little deeper tone than the 2.5" ss Borla on my 2.0 zx3 and slightly louder. But with the intake on the 2.0 it sounds better. With an intake on my 2.3 It would sound the best though...

·
Registered
240 Posts
Fswerks Race Exhaust FTW, love the sound with the K&N CAI I have. I don't have any personal experience with Trubendz so I don't know how they are.

·
Registered
778 Posts
FSW. I have had mine for ever. even took it off my 05 to put on my 07 when I let the other one go.

·
Registered
621 Posts
And just do everyone knows my magnaflow muffler rested on the heat shield before correcting. And rattled on my rear subframe. I wouldn't call it minor fitment issues. Some people may have been luckier than me.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Love my FSWerks exhaust

·
@redwoodone
9,432 Posts
FSWERKS all the way buddy. Trubendz fitment is horrible. And their customer service is absolute crap.

Do it once, do it right.

·
Registered
596 Posts
See a lot of fitment issues with Trubendz... honestly I had no probs w/my 07 ST and 2.5" exhaust. Took awhile to get, but worth every minute. I'm not a big fan of over priced products and the fact that FocusWerks seems to be proud of their stuff points me in other directions. That being said I can't see anything wrong with the FocusWerks exhaust. Costly, but I'm sure anyone here, cept for maybe Tom will say they have great products. Bought a few of them myself. However, except for the few that have had trouble with fitment issues, Trubendz w/magnaflow absolutely rocks... doesn't sound like a pissed off weedeater coming or going down the street. Point is this is a subjective upgrade and if your a diehard FSwerks kinda person go with them, if not Trubendz is the way to go. imho that is.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
I have the FSWerks Race on my 08. No issues, no problems, and it sounds GREAT!!

·
Registered
125 Posts
I have a 2.5" Trubendz on my 2008, and I love it. It cost me $360 flat, that includes shipping. It got here pretty quickly and it fit perfectly. The sound out of it is amazing! It's not too ricer, it's got a nice grumble and it pops and spits like it's something other than a 2.0l under the hood.

Having said this, I've never used Fswerks exhaust, so I won't say Trubendz is better. I will say, though, that I am completely happy with my Trubendz =)

·
Registered
621 Posts
The whole reason they are proud of their exhaust is because it IS good! I see it as well worth the money. Ecause it's a try bolt on. Unlike trubendz that says it is when it really isn't. Really who forgets to stretch the ends of the pipe where it connects so it can't slide over one another?
I have learned. Cheap stuff is not good good stuff is not cheap plain and simple.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts