Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 156 Posts

·
GoKart and Me!!!
13,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The UPS guy finally arrived at my house today and gave me this:[wave]

I opened the box to find this:[grinking]

I'll admit, I've read about some other members having a difficult or bad experience with Trubendz, but I was actually impressed by them.[thumb] I emailed them my order form on 19 August, but their computers didn't have Office 2007, so I had to resave the form in Office 2003 and resend. I got my tracking number on 22 August with a scheduled delivery date of 02 September, but I got it today.[clap] I will get it installed as soon as I can with more pics.

·
Head Hurt
2,377 Posts
Hey, I recognize that! You're going to love it.

·
Aurelius Pardus
26,535 Posts
haha nice!! I received my Magnaflow cat-back system, from magnaflowplanet.com, this last monday actually [woot] unfortunately I have to wait for my teacher to give out his test and all that so we can start using the shop since he doesn't want me to start, and for some reason, get hurt doing it. heh if you can, try using an alignment rack lol. basically though, I get to put it on the car sept. 16th! [grinking] I guess I'll get classwide recognition though [thumb]

might I add the box mine came in was white, but the same length and all [thumb] good luck puttin it on! :D oh and another thing I just noticed... that box it came in is like, really unprotected. I tore though about a half foot of foam before realizing I'm on the wrong side. I have packing tape currently holding the whole box together, so I seriously doubt it could hold 36 pounds... if I have trouble, I'm screwed! [:p]

·
Machinery Technician
7,321 Posts
can you tell me the length and width of the muffler please? thanks

·
Head Hurt
2,377 Posts
Yeah, I found your write up you did for your '08 and have been reading it thoroughly. I just don't have any jack stands or service ramps...yet.
Well, I do - bring it over [wrenchin]

·
GoKart and Me!!!
13,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The resonator is 14" long and between 6.5" to 7" wide. I couldn't get an exact measurement on the wideth, but you can't go wrong planning for 7".

·
Machinery Technician
7,321 Posts
are we talking about the same part? the one that says magnaflow on it?

·
Head Hurt
2,377 Posts
When would be good for you?
Anytime, I haven't got any plans yet this weekend. Give me a call tomorrow morning - I'm heading for bed (still trying to recover from last weekend). I'll PM my number.

Brad

·
Aurelius Pardus
26,535 Posts
I'd recommend you go with the 5" x 8" muffler, that's what mine has... though this one looks like it might be 6" x 14" one [thumb]

oops, too late lol

·
GoKart and Me!!!
13,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Anytime, I haven't got any plans yet this weekend. Give me a call tomorrow morning - I'm heading for bed (still trying to recover from last weekend). I'll PM my number.

Brad

Thanks, although, I won't be able to do it this weekend as I'm booked with other stuff. We can plan for next weekend, though. I don't have anything planned then.

·
Premium Member
7,348 Posts
I bet that bad boy will sound nice on there. I'm hoping for a trubendz borla cat-back this christmas [:D]

·
Machinery Technician
7,321 Posts
Yup, this is the one:
thanks man.. i'm gonna buy one of those magnaflows (to add to my current 2.5 setup that is really loud right now) soon and i want to make sure to get the right one..
+rep for your help

·
Machinery Technician
7,321 Posts
I'd recommend you go with the 5" x 8" muffler, that's what mine has... though this one looks like it might be 6" x 14" one [thumb]

oops, too late lol
i would think the larger muffler would quiet it down a little more, right?

·
Aurelius Pardus
26,535 Posts
i would think the larger muffler would quiet it down a little more, right?
yeah, you don't get all those extra little pops in there when you let off the gas... so I'm told

1 - 20 of 156 Posts