Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought a pipe is a pipe right? Well it is if it fits. The pipe that runs the length of the tunnel was all the way to the passenger side. No way to easily adjust it to get it centered. Then the pipe makes a 90* then another 90* to the back of the car. well the pipe here was all the way to the driver side. No way to easily adjust here either. Their method of hangers also blow. Its just a slightly bent rod that does not do well at fighting the force of gravity. The middle and tail pipe hanger is just a straight rod welded to the top of the exhaust pipe. Then bent up at about a 15* angle. Also, I put it on in august. The tip is already rusting.

Moral of the story, don't cheap out like I did, avoid Trubendz. I understand that they used to make decent stuff in the past. but my experience tells me they just don't anymore. Atleast for the focus. I am now going the Borla route..

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
I know for a while they had fitment and quality issues, and thought it was rectified. Apparently not. Then again, I haven't seen any reviews in quite a while either.

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
I had that same problem about 3 years ago, and they claimed they fixed it. Obviously not. I had nothing but problems the whole time I had that exhaust, and had to modify other parts in the bender to make them fit properly, Trubendz was no help at all and wanted to charge me if I wanted send defective parts back and get proper fitting ones. [rant]

·
Registered
247 Posts
I've had mine on for a while (Sedan) and the fitment was perfect. It went on easy and took less than an hour to install and weld. Hmm I wonder if its a hit or miss thing ?

·
Mining in the cave
5,935 Posts
I have installed all four of the exhaust brands for the Focus. Speaking from personal experience they range in quality as follows. First to last, Borla, Magnflow, FSWerks, and at the very bottom TruBendz. You do get what you pay for.

After four years the Borla on Sasha sounds great and still looks new.

·
WRX/Focus:)
4,940 Posts
Had mine for a while on the 03 D23, fit perfectly, and I still have it, and plan to adjust it to fit my wagon right.

2.5 Diameter, 304 stainless steel trubenz exhaust.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have installed all four of the exhaust brands for the Focus. Speaking from personal experience they range in quality as follows. First to last, Bora, Magnflow, FSWerks, and at the very bottom TruBendz. You do get what you pay for.

After four years the Borla on Sasha sounds great and still looks new.
I have a new Borla system sitting in my garage waiting for install. [cheers] Just waiting on a couple other exhaust pieces from Dominant Eng.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just installed the new Borla exhaust I picked up from Auto Anything. Fits like butter and sounds fantastic! I won't have to push my car out of the garage in the morning so I don't wake everyone up.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Didn't know they were still complete crap. I was tempted to try them again since the last time I bought from them was almost 4 years ago. It fit like crap and would have needed a shop to make modifications. I'm needing to find an exhaust that fits up super high in the exhaust tunnel so I don't drag when I pull into my underground parking.

·
Registered
2006 ZX3, 2005 ZX5
363 Posts
i have had 4 exhausts from Trubends,
"Pikachu" 05 focus ZX5 "2.5 inch pipe kit" perfect fitment
"Naastra" 2007 ZX5 "3 inch Magnaflow kit" perfect fitment
"Cin Solus" 2015 Fiesta ST "3 inch full catback and catless DP" perfect fitment
"Kebiin" 2006 ZX3 "2.5 inch Magnaflow kit" not installed yet.

all of these were installed by myself except Pikachu. that one needed to be welded. and after install, i take to a shop and have them weld the joints.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts