Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
951 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wondering if maybe it's not the fuel pump that is causing my car to have no balls. Took it to Ford for the recall, they said to wait til next month for the new design. My car doesn't stall so they said no safety issue there. Every time I accelerate, it lags, takes a bit to finally get going. Wasn't like this when I first got the car. I added the 65 T/B, Iceman about 4 weeks ago. Put on Ford wires week later. Bout another week after that I noticed the sluggish acceleration. Any ideas? TPS, MAS, faulty spark plugs? No CEL so I'm a bit lost right now, unless it is actually a fuel pump problem.

·
Registered
565 Posts
my guess is the spark plugs. say for example you're only runnin like 3 or **gasp** 2 cylinders, you're obviously NOT gonna have any power. know what i mean?

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
Did you try unplugging the battery and letting the computer reset? You won't always get a Check Engine light when installing new perf parts. When I installed my 65mm TB on my last Focus, I forgot to do this and no engine code or light was seen but the car ran like crap, resetting the computer did the trick. Ford sometimes won't do this and after you get your car back the light will come on.

Also try a fuel systeem cleaner and running premium for a couple tanks. This might help.

·
Registered
281 Posts
I was running on 4 nasty looking Splitfires and every time I slammed the gas my tires would break loose. Might wanna take them badboys out and see whats going on with them.

Also this might be a stupid suggestion. I don't know how the ICEMAN is designed but on my K&N FIPK my intake tube wasn't tight enough around the throttle body and it kept coming loose and causing the car to stall. I finally tightened the hell out of it and she runs very peppy now. So just another suggestion yuo know.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Well it seems like you are having the same problems I had. Sounds like it might be the fuel pump. It happens sometimes when you accelerate, it seems like it loses power instead of gaining. It is just a matter of time before it stalls. I hope that January gets here before that happens to you. Happened to me a few times, till it really died on one of the coldest nights in October.

·
AKA Toyotech
4,043 Posts
H&Rzx3 said:
my guess is the spark plugs. say for example you're only runnin like 3 or **gasp** 2 cylinders, you're obviously NOT gonna have any power. know what i mean?
you would smell the fuel filling up the cylinders and would lock up the motor after some time with the injectos plugged in. for that large of hesitation at all rpm's...prolly is a fuel pump

·
Registered
951 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm only hoping the car doesnt stall on me. If it does and I get in an accident.......I smell lawsuit against my dealership and/or Ford for making me wait til the new design is out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts