Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!

I have recently bought a Ford Focus 2003 Station Wagon and have to small issues with it.

1) The first problem is low RPM. When I'm starting the motor the RPM stays at 1000 - 1100. But when i've been driving for a while and stops up, the RPM usually drops to 600 - 800, and it seems like the motor is kind of struggling. Is there an easy fix to this problem?

2) The second problem is my steering wheel which is not centered. When I'm driving straight ahead, I have to steer a little bit to the left (around 11 o'clock).
Is it easy to solve this problem, or do I have to replace worn part(s) ?

Thank you in advance!

·
DTC P0606
3,364 Posts
1) Normal rpm idle range for a warm engine. You can replace plugs and wires, air filter etc. to see if that helps the "struggling". (You should do it anyway on any new used car purchase, imo.)
2) Get a front wheel alignment as a first step. The alignment shop will let you know (usually) if they come across worn components that prevent them from doing an accurate alignment.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
1) Normal rpm idle range for a warm engine. You can replace plugs and wires, air filter etc. to see if that helps the "struggling". (You should do it anyway on any new used car purchase, imo.)
2) Get a front wheel alignment as a first step. The alignment shop will let you know (usually) if they come across worn components that prevent them from doing an accurate alignment.
Thank you!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I replaced the plugs and air filter. I also cleaned the air damper between the air filter and the engine. But it didn't work. The engine is still "struggling".

Do you think I have to change the coil and plug wires to get rid of the problem?

·
Registered
739 Posts
How many miles are on your car?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts