Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Aurelius Pardus
26,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry I'm just really bored right now..... anyway, it honest doesn't bother me much, but I am getting a bit annoyed at it sometimes. basically what it is, is when I push it over to the right, then down, let off the clutch that is fully depressed, i get kind of a buzzing sound, and more so when I give it gas, yet I'm not engaged in gear. note the clutch is completely engaged now (no foot on pedal) and I have to pull it out of gear and put it back in a few times. I notice I cannot push the stick all the way back into the reverse gear.....though I do eventually get it after a few quick tries, then everything's good. what's going on and how can I fix it? just wondering if anyone's had this problem...

and for the record, the IB5 does NOT have that err, nifty little device that all the other foci have where you have to pull it up to put into reverse..... I guess it's the reverse lockout or something? yeah I've tried it on other foci, so don't try to convince me I have it. LOL.

·
Aurelius Pardus
26,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
OH crap.......see now after about like a few seconds of thinking my wonderful mind has already realized that it is the throw-out bearing that is worn from one of the 4 previous owners using it as a foot rest [rolleyes] anyone still care to give a better idea, maybe? [8]

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
I would inspect the linkage for wear or cracked brackets, etc.

I can see how a worn throwout bearing could give you the noise, but I don't see why it would make putting it into reverse difficult.

·
Aurelius Pardus
26,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
alright.......I had the transmission "serviced" a few months ago, but for all I know, it could have been just changing the fluid. LOL. I'll check it out next time I have it up in the air.

·
Registered
16 Posts
mines been like that from day one mike. I think its just not lining up in the gate the right way. I usally will push the clutch in le the car roll a foot and try it again and it will slip in. you just need to get the stick past the lockout of reverse.

·
Registered
602 Posts
The buzzing is from the gears touching each other, the IB5 does not have a syncro for reverse, so the input shaft has stand still to engage reverse , i normally put in 1st then to reverse to avoid this. Normally its the pilot bearing that drags a little, or the clutch dragging a tiny bit. (TheMtx75 gearbox does have syncro on reverse, so thats why they dont have this problem)...

·
Aurelius Pardus
26,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The buzzing is from the gears touching each other, the IB5 does not have a syncro for reverse, so the input shaft has stand still to engage reverse , i normally put in 1st then to reverse to avoid this. Normally its the pilot bearing that drags a little, or the clutch dragging a tiny bit. (TheMtx75 gearbox does have syncro on reverse, so thats why they dont have this problem)...
ah well.... I know exactly what you're talking about, how bout that? [thumb] it's all good, but yeah thank you, now I understand [:)]

btw, Blake, this is not worrying.......this time it's just a question to ward off boredom while still knowing if I actually had a problem or not.....LOL.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts