Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone,

I installed HIDs last fall and the kit is great but the bulbs weren't switching between Hi and Lo. I talked to the guys from the company and i checked with the lights not powered to see if they were retracting and moving back out like they are supposed to but they aren't. They shipped me a new control box and upon installing the new control box. Nothing changed.

I had to go back to college at that point and had no more time to look into the problem. Well now before I go back to the company, I want to see if you guys have any suggestions. I appreciate any feedback, thanks.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Does the bulb have a third conector that's what mine had.It went to the writing harness that was supplied. I would suggest going with retrofitsource they have awsome products. And can do a retro very easily and looks ten times better than the bulb in stock housing :). Thats what I'm getting soon.

·
Dat boxer rumble
3,451 Posts
The focus is not wired to send power simultaneously to the high and low beam circuits. You need to do the jumper mod first and foremost. Then, get out a volt meter and start figuring out which wires are which. That should answer your problem.

But like Sean05 said.. you should just do the retrofit

·
Registered
621 Posts
that is kinda odd because mine could.. maybe its a difference of years?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts