Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just finished installing H&R coilovers on a ZX3. With the front set at their highest ride height, and the rears set at their lowest, the car still doesn't sit level. Is there any way to get the rear down just a bit more?

In the rear, I used the stock spring isolator on top and the little plastic ring that came in the coilover kit on the bottom. When I installed the rear adjustable spring pearches, I put the larger nut (with the set screw in it) on top of the rear control arm. Is this correct or is it in upside-down?

If anyone can offer some help that would be great! Thanks!

-Brian

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
jailbird1818 said:

In the rear, I used the stock spring isolator on top and the little plastic ring that came in the coilover kit on the bottom. When I installed the rear adjustable spring pearches, I put the larger nut (with the set screw in it) on top of the rear control arm. Is this correct or is it in upside-down?
-Brian
I believe it's upside down.
I took a look at the H&R coilovers installed, and the nut with the set screw was at the lower control arm....

So the threaded sleeve sits at the bottom.

At least this is how I remember seeing it. I don't think I am wrong.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'll try turning it over. It looks like that would give me another 1/2 an inch of adjustment.

·
Registered
345 Posts
I have the same problem with mine, I removed the spring isolator in the rear and that helped some but I think it just doesn't go down anymore, the rear is about an inch over the tires and the front is flush with the wheel well

1 - 4 of 4 Posts