Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few months ago my 2003 Focus started having trouble if I stopped a lot, (running errands, stopped at 3 or 4 places) then the car wouldn't stay running, it would start and immediately die like it wasn't getting gas. I could let it sit for 15-20 min and then it would start and run fine, it didn't do it again for several weeks. It seemed very random, I took it to the shop and they replaced the fuel filter. Now, it's been about 3 months and friday it did the same thing again. THe mechanic shop is a reputable one. He can't really tell me anything because it's not showing any codes now. It has been running fine all weekend. I'm just worried that I'm going to get stranded somewhere. Has anyone else had a problem with this?

·
Registered
183 Posts
Hello Kay Jay,

I had the same problem with my Ford Contour. It was a leak in the Vac system and also my MAF sensor was very bad. I replaced those two things and bingo it was fixed.

The MAF sensor code came on as soon as I found my Vac leak.

Hope that helps keep us posted.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Can you give me a little more info on how you found the leak? I have a problem with my '05 ST where it starts in the morning then stalls immediately. Dealership has given up and Ford customer service just shrugs. They also tell me the MAF sensor couldn't be the problem. How did you know yours was bad?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts