Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I used the how to on this website and followed it all the way and removed the two bolts that I see on front of it to take it out but the alternator just budge free. I took out the bolts that are on the left side if your looking at the car under the hood facing it but I cant see on the other side and dont think there is any other bolts. Anyone know why its not coming free? Any help would be great.
Thanks

Here is the how to i used
http://www.focushacks.com/index.php?modid=45

·
Registered
105 Posts
i'd like the answer to this as well.. i have an 02 zetec that i can now get to budge, but will not come out.

I took a total o 3 bolts out all on the front of the Alternator 2 on bottom 1 on top and I can get it to move but not come out

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I figured it out. It will come out but will take some work. You got all the bolts out but its in there insanely tight. you have to beat it and push and pull until it comes lose. I pushed it towards the back of the car and hit it to make it come out. I bet its a pain to put back in but you just got to beat it out.

·
Registered
105 Posts
glad you had luck with it.. i gotta get back on mine tonight and have it tested to get a new one in tomorrow YAY...

im hoping its just from being in there 90K miles and being original is the reason its that tight

1 - 4 of 4 Posts