Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I have decided to get rid of my ZX3. I am going to replace it with one of these two cars. I'm torn between the two.

I am leaning more towards the SVTF. Because I can just swap my suspension parts to it and selll the rest.

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
All depends what youre wanting out of a car. The Mach's are a good car, and definitly fun with the old Cobra engines in them. But, if you like the front drivers, you cant go wrong with the svtf, esp. for handleing, brakeing etc. Nice choice on either.

·
Registered
6 Posts
the rwd and shaker hood on the stang are sure enticing....i think i'd go with the mach--it's a jaw dropper.

·
GO Green
11,148 Posts
^^^hehe....true ture but it all depends on what kinda car you want...the machs are very good deals, im finding ones all over the place for around 20 grand with under 20,000miles on them. They are both really nice cars, i love the mustang, and the orange svt EAP focus is like my favorite. To me the stang is worth the high gas prices. Plus that sound....uuuh, id go with the stang imo. Both still awesome cars though, and ull be a winner with either one you get.

·
Registered
124 Posts
FocuzdZX5 said:
Well, I have decided to get rid of my ZX3. I am going to replace it with one of these two cars. I'm torn between the two.

I am leaning more towards the SVTF. Because I can just swap my suspension parts to it and selll the rest.
The SVTF also has the advantage in handling, cause no matter how much you dress up / pimp out the Mach 1 you're still dealing with a chassis that's been around since 1979! Modern chassis means a lot when it comes to handling.

Having said that, the 'Stang is just gonna eat the SVTF in the straight line sweepstakes and is gonna sound oh so good doing it.

If I was choosing though I would take the SVTF, if for no other reason than we have real winters up here and a 'Stang in the wintertime is more hassles than its worth during the other three seasons of the year.

NefCanuck

·
Registered
489 Posts
Hmm, well, there are Pros and Cons to each car.

The Mustang is the faster car, by far.
The Focus is the better handling car, by far.
The Mustang has a V8
The Focus requires Premium
For what you'll spend on the Mustang, you can almost get the Focus with F/I
The Focus has the better interior - especially with the EAP.
The Focus has a much better driving position
The Mustang is RWD

If it were me and I were serious about modding, I'd get the Mustang...well, maybe not. Wow, this is a tough one.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Well, there is also the insurance. The mustang will be a pretty penny. Yes the Svt uses premium but then again, the mustang having a thirsty v8 will need more gas. No doubt the Mustang is the fastest car. For me, I was in a similar situation. I just purchased my SVT 5 doors like the one you are considering and the functional part was the most important. I have a kid, so the 5 doors worked like a charm. Also the fact that is not very common to see 5 doors SVT's, and is a limited edition, makes it very attractive. I would choose the SVT.

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
Honestly, i dont what insurance you guys are with, but mine(im with Nationwide) carries the same points as a mustang. I have a perfect record and the insurance is the same for either.

·
Registered
13,065 Posts
Wow tough call...

I kinda lean towards the Comp Orange myself. Like you said, some Focus parts can be transplanted so that's nice. Not so nice is the gas situation... but does the Mach only take regular?

I'm not personally fond of that body style Mustang (the 99-04) so that makes the decision a wee bit easier for me. Either one's pretty kickass, in their own respective categories...

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
My insurance is the same as a GT.

·
Michael J. Caboose
6,512 Posts
Wowsers...that is one tough choice. The Mach1 sure would be nice, but how long would you really enjoy it? Plus, you literally see Mustangs ALL the time, the SVT would certainly be the rarer pick. Yes, the SVT requires top quality gas, but that Stang is going to burn a good bit more than that Focus...especially if you're enjoying yourself.

I would choose the SVT myself...I've had such a blast with mine, and that CompOrange is just great looking! You'll never get tired of it's handling/braking and it's so unique...it's pretty much a limited production model.

Well, whatever you choose, I'm sure you'll have a blast! You could save $ by going with the SVT, giving you the option to truly customize it...tough decision.

ROck on

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
This is hard. I know I couldn't decide between the 2!

I'm gonna have to say go with the SVTF. Stay Focused[:D]

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
That is one of the main reasons I want that SVTF(1of51). I would never get rid of it unless it got totaled. Plus the 4dr's helps with the baby and dog.

The two main reasons against the stang, in this traffic the clutch will turn my leg into a noodle after driving. I have a 93 LX 5.0 5spd waiting to be given to me by my parents(its been 12 yrs so far, but I drive it anytime I want)

·
*~*
13,045 Posts
SVT, less on insurance, and you can swap the mods to it. Plus the SVT is sexier looking, hahahaha sorry.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts