Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i recently had problems car chugging at take off n first start up.. replaced fuel filter fixed problem but now get a p0190 & p0193 which is fuel pressure regulator pressure switch circuite a and fuel pressure regulator high input codes which i didn't have befor.. any help be great thanks

·
Hatch Nation #136
2,043 Posts
Any tugging on lines to get it done?

What did you do to keep the fuel from leaking out while you were putting the filter in?

Did the code start throwing the first time starting up after you changed the filter?

Have you disconnected the battery to reset the code and had it come back?

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i pulled the line down so i could pop the lock off it.. I just unhooked it didn't try to stop gas from coming out drained it in to a bucket.. if i clear the codes i have to start it 3 or 4 times to get light to come back on.. but if cleared i can drive how ever far i want and wont come on till i turn car back off go in store come out 10 mins later and it's on

·
Hatch Nation #136
2,043 Posts
When you were changing the filter, did you relieve the fuel system pressure before hand?

·
DTC P0606
3,364 Posts
Codes point to a hard fault in the Fuel Rail Pressure sensor or a break in the associated electrical wiring. Check the electrical connector at the fuel rail.

P0190 - Fuel Rail Pressure Sensor Circuit Malfunction (FRP) The comprehensive component monitor (CCM) monitors the FRP sensor to the PCM for VREF voltage. The test fails when the VREF voltage from the PCM drops to a voltage less than a minimum calibrated value.
VREF open in harness.
VREF open in sensor.
VREF open in PCM.
Verify VREF voltage between 4.0 and 6.0V.

P0193 - Fuel Rail Pressure Sensor Circuit High Input (FRP) The comprehensive component monitor (CCM) monitors the FRP sensor circuit to the PCM for high voltage. If voltage were to fall below a calibrated limit and a calibrated amount of time during testing, the test will fail.
FRP signal shorted to VREF or VPWR.
FRP signal open (gasoline only)
Low fuel pressure (NG only)
Damaged FRP sensor.
Damaged PCM.
High fuel pressure (caused by damaged fuel pressure regulator) NG.
A FRP PID value during KOER or KOEO less than 0.3 volts for gasoline or 0.5 volts for natural gas vehicles (NG) would indicate a hard fault.

·
Hatch Nation #136
2,043 Posts
Well, that might have something to do with the system experiencing pressure related issues.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Found out what was going on one of the pins was bent over just had to rebend it back over.. thanks for all of your help

1 - 10 of 10 Posts