Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. This is my first I have a problem thread. Before reading my story, I have a request... Richport Ford Lincoln in Richmond (British Columbia), is where I got my repairs done since I've got the car. Reasons; 1) I used to work there 2) They're SVT 3) I still get deals there. Soooo, my request is not to be critiqued for going to Ford for repairs.

Today I found myself having a CEL and after a quick check, two trouble codes. I found out I have 1) P1246 and 2) P0136. After a check through a different section, I figured out what they were.

P1246: I find myself curious I have this code because about a month or so ago, Ford just replaced my alternator with a brand new Ford one. Everything on the car is fully stock except for the alarm. But that's another story, to which I will elaborate upon request. Is this a regular thing?

P0136: This I know nothing about. I know it's an O2 sensor issue. However, it came on suddenly and without any symptoms I can feel while driving. The only thing I can think of is something is caught in the exhaust after driving through a construction site. Are there any common symptoms to look out for? Is it safe to drive around like I normally would?

·
DTC P0606
3,364 Posts
P1246 is pretty specific as to causes. Check the battery voltage. If it ain't that, the alt VR is the next logical problem area. P0136 also doesn't have too many suggested causes to look at. Since it's the rear 02 sensor, it only measures catalyst efficiency and should be safe to drive with. i.e. front O2 is the one that feeds back to tweak AF mixture.

P1246 - Generator Load Input
The PCM monitors the GLI circuit, and will set the DTC when the input is not within a calibrated limit for a calibrated amount of time.
GLI circuit concern.
Damaged voltage regulator/generator
Damaged PCM.
Verify operation of charging system.
Verify battery is at proper charge.

P0136 - HO2S Sensor Circuit Malfunction (HO2S-12) The downstream HO2S sensor(s) are continuously checked for maximum and minimum voltages. The test fails when the voltages fail to meet the calibrated limits.
Pinched, shorted, and corroded wiring and pins.
Crossed sensor wires.
Exhaust leaks.
Contaminated or damaged sensor.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Ford, your funny. Thought I was gonna get my car back today. Turns out I was 1/2 wrong. Turns out my O2 sensor that's in the pipe, was meant for a non-svt model. So now I have to wait for parts. Here is where it is really funny. Ford had reset the TC's to turn off the CEL. If my O2 was so bad, wouldn't it have reactivated the CEL once I left Ford?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts