Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been throwing this code for the longest time now but can't figure out what causing it. The code reads:

IMRC sensor circuit open/malfunction.

Has anybody else had this problem and what did it take to fix it? Thanks.

·
Focus Hoarder
3,633 Posts
Intake Manifold Runner Control Malfunction (Stuck Open) The IMRC system is monitored for failure during continuous, key ON engine OFF or key ON engine running self-test. The test fails when the signal on the monitor pin is less than an expected calibrated range at closed throttle. IMRC monitor signal circuit shorted to PWR GND or SIG RTN
Damaged IMRC actuator
Damaged PCM
An IMRCM PID reading approximately near 1 volt at closed throttle may indicate a fault

My Thoughts is replace the Intake Manifold Runner Control

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That helps with the explanation of the code, but not helping on what to replace. Do I need to replace the DSI lever clip or the sensor or what?

·
Focus Hoarder
3,633 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Now that helped. Has anybody posted a pic of where it is located and how much it costs? That itself just perfectly described my problem. I need to research more before I post a new thread on something that has already been posted. Thanks alot.

·
Focus Hoarder
3,633 Posts
its alright :) we dun mind helpin even if its been answered

if im correct its mounted on your firewall somewhere unfortunately I can't help any further then that due to mine doesn't have a IMRC..

·
Registered
58 Posts
i really want to know more about this also since i am having the same issue how much is the part and is it easy to replace.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts