Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone get this code? is the sensor on gas tank? and does tank need to be dropped?
Cheers[cheers]

·
Registered
582 Posts
Could be a purge solenoid, or a pressure sensor. I would do a visual check on all hoses and connections to start. If you can view live data on a scan tool you can see what the pressure sensor is reading. It should only have vacuum on it when the system is testing for leaks. It vents to the canister which is "purged" by the solenoid into the intake to be burned. It will throw a code if the system won't hold a vaccum, or has a vaccum when its not supposed to.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the info, I have no diagnostic equipment you speak of, easier to replace the sensors albeit costly..
what I need to know is where the sensors are located, if I get no replies I will wait for my Haynes manual to arrive in mail.
I am hoping someone will tell me there is a trap door in trunk to access the sensor or where to locate it on engine. Dropping the tank is so not cool , but I will do what has to be done.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
202 Posts
The sensor is part of the hose from the tank to the EVAP canister. You should be able to replace it without dropping the tank.

This is not specific to the 2.3, so I'm not sure why you're offended it got moved.

Good luck throwing parts at it without any tools to diagnose.

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Tryin' to help out Bud.

This section has the most information & traffic to answer repair questions - Brakes, Suspension & Chassis is the only other specialized repair section for mechanical issues.

Duratec performance doesn't get as many looks, and it's primarily for engine performance mod. questions.

I figured it was easier & clearer for you to read the DTC description for yourself as it's fairly long, plus it's handy to know about that listing & the more detailed Ford DTC info. linked from the stickies.

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
P1450 - Unable to Bleed Up Fuel Tank Vacuum Monitors the fuel vapor vacuum and pressure in the fuel tank. The system failure occurs when the EVAP running loss monitor detects excessive fuel tank vacuum with the engine running (but not at idle). Blockages or kinks in EVAP canister tube or EVAP canister purge outlet tube (between fuel tank, EVAP canister purge valve and EVAP canister)
Fuel filler cap stuck closed (no vacuum relief)
Contaminated fuel vapor elbow on EVAP canister
Restricted EVAP canister
CV solenoid stuck open (partially or fully)
Plugged CV solenoid filter
EVAP canister purge valve stuck open
VREF circuit open (harness near FTP sensor, FTP sensor or PCM)
Damaged FTP sensor

That's the full description, here's a link to how to access Ford info on the OBDII system:http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=214389 You can read more detail on how it checks the system there.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The sensor is part of the hose from the tank to the EVAP canister. You should be able to replace it without dropping the tank.

This is not specific to the 2.3, so I'm not sure why you're offended it got moved.

Good luck throwing parts at it without any tools to diagnose.
that's what I was hoping to find out thanks...
and not offended jus confused..
throwing parts at it is my specialty , I have a 77 ford f150 that had stalling issues I went through every part I could replace then found out it was the pickupcoil in distributor...
least now I have extra parts should they fail.
And same with the focus I will have the extra parts and knowledge of their replacement[wrenchin]

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I prob should replace this ,what ya think?

Attachments

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
funny thing is when I go online to do a parts search,this is not the one for the 2003 zx3 2.3 motor

1 - 11 of 11 Posts