Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why does the TripTunes Advanced (claim to) not work with the 2007 Focus? Doesn't the Fusion use the same Audiophile 6-CD system?

All I know is, I have an Aux button on my radio that I would love to get working with an iPod - I don't care about control over the iPod, I just want something better than FM modulation. Can anyone point me in the exact direction I need to be going?

THANKS!!!

jpb

·
Registered
125 Posts
For half the price of the TripTunes Advanced you can get a Peripheral iPod adaptor. You can find them at bestbuy often, in the car audio section. You can get one specifically for Ford radios. Just make sure your radio says "MP3" above the cd slot or it won't work. It will also allow you to control the iPod from the head unit, though I've always found that to be horribly clumsy unless you just want to skip a track. It will also display track info on the head unit display.

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
I used to have the Peripheral connector, actually just sold it on here.

The greyish plug on the top right plugs into the spot on the left of the radio. Then you plug the black cable into the right box and run it to wherever you want the ipod. That's all. Plug and play.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts