Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what exactly is the point of it? Also do they make an aftermarket water pump for the 2.3? I heard of one that is supposed to push twice the amount of fluid through.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
You've been playing too much gran turismo.

There is no point to using a triple plate clutch unless you are building a professional level race car that is making very large amounts of power. I don't know of anyone in the focus world using one. I think there are one or two at the world challenge level that are using dual plates, but even that is iffy.

The stock water pump is just fine. The cooling system in the focus/duratec is more than sufficient for almost any application.

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
using a multiplate clutch...

heavy duty racing applications and in compact situations

ie: carera GT

porsche wanted to keep the car low, so a big clutch was not an option, so they decided to use multiple little clutches...

and just like valves
2 little ones > 1 big one

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok. I was telling someone about turning my car from a daily driver into a show car and he mentioned the clutch. I really didn't see a point to it.

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
yes there is. better holding power, less slipping etc.

stock clutchs are very weak, and for a point, the stock engine doesn't make much power.

·
Registered
176 Posts
The stock clutch should serve you fine until you pass the 200hp mark...as long as you aren't riding the hell out of it. After that Stage 1 or 2 would be more than enough for what HP you could coax out of the engine. Anything else would only make for harsh engagements and make daily driving extremely painful.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts