Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently drove from Oregon to Illinois and back and had intended to use the Trip 1 to keep track of each tank of gas and Trip 2 for the entire trip. However, when I checked Trip 2 upon my return home I found that it only read about 1200 miles on the trip odometer and much less time than the total on the elapsed timer. Is there a limit to how high the Trip odometer and timer will go? I couldn't find anything in the users manual about this.

·
Registered
233 Posts
I recently drove from CA to KS and my trip odometer read 1575 and time of 23 hours, so I imagine it can go higher.

·
Registered
588 Posts
I believe the trip odometer flips at 2,000 miles and the timer, if I remember correctly, reset at 72 hours.

I reset both when I purchased the car to see how long they could go.

I think it's pretty lame that the trip odometer only goes 2,000 miles before flipping. While that's better than the old 3 digit plus tenths trip odometers that came on cars in the past, there's really no reason for it to flip at all.

·
Registered
233 Posts
I believe the trip odometer flips at 2,000 miles and the timer, if I remember correctly, reset at 72 hours.

I think it's pretty lame that the trip odometer only goes 2,000 miles before flipping. While that's better than the old 3 digit plus tenths trip odometers that came on cars in the past, there's really no reason for it to flip at all.
Seriously? What is up with that? I was hoping the second trip info I could use to see how long I've been driving forever. I just never checked it again

·
Registered
38 Posts
yup my odo reset after 2000 miles. I was hoping on using trip 1 as a lifetime gauge. However I think the avg mpg hasn't reset yet, nor the trip clock (btw my overall average is a mere 26 mpg 99% city traffic though)

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Thanks. I was positive I hadnt reset it accidentally. I wonder why those values were chosen. The timer I can see would run out of space at 99 hours, but the odometer wouldn't until 9999.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Thanks. I was positive I hadnt reset it accidentally. I wonder why those values were chosen. The timer I can see would run out of space at 99 hours, but the odometer wouldn't until 9999.
Yeah. I noticed today that one of my timers was at 90 hours, so it obviously goes higher than 72 hours. I was wrong about that... it flips at 99 hours.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Sorry to thread jack, but this question should relate: Is there any way to stop that darn timer without resetting it? I know in the older generation trip computers (LEDs like in the Freestyle and I'm assuming the '11 Focus too - cause it looks similar), you could slam a button to stop it, and then hold it to reset it.

I find it annoying that the timer just continuously counts, and I find that a ridiculous number like 53 hours (when you're not really measuring a trip) is kinda useless information, I'd rather just see a full set of 00:00:00 paused until I manually start the counter myself.

·
Registered
588 Posts
I find it annoying that the timer just continuously counts, and I find that a ridiculous number like 53 hours (when you're not really measuring a trip) is kinda useless information, I'd rather just see a full set of 00:00:00 paused until I manually start the counter myself.
It's not running continuously... the timer only runs when the car is on.

But I agree, being able to manually start/stop it would be nice.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts