Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I'm a fan of the zx3 since I first saw it....so I got one. The deal is I can't afford the SVT, so I'm wondering what's the least expensive way to make it so this car will get up and go. Also what do I need to do to remove the speed regulator, I get around 110 mph and she shuts down. Anyhow any good help will be appreciated

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm gonna be honest, I'm not a real mechanicaly inclined guy, so what kinda price and what type of get up and go increase will these changes off?

·
12 years strong
6,882 Posts
im not a very mechanically inclined person either. ive got an intake, a throttle body and an exhaust on my car and it gave it a little more kick. for prices, it all depends on what u want and what brands u want. u can get a cheapo ebay intake or u can get a higher price one for like 300. and throttle bodys r around 250. like i said, it all depends on what u want to buy. look around. there is a links section on here in the newbie forum with tons of links.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'm not sure if you've ever modded cars before, but I hadn't, and I found out real quick that it takes a LOT of money to make any serious power in these, or any, compact cars.

An intake, preferably Volant, runs about $250. A 65mm throttle body runs about $250. Exhaust usually runs a lil over $300.

If your car is an auto transmission, you will not be able to raise the speed limiter with a chip. All a chip will do for the automatic is firm up the shift points a bit. On the other hand, if you have a manual, depending on your ECU code, you will be able to raise your speed limiter.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ROFL.....I see your the rally junkie....hehe for now I just want drop balls speed....I wanna cruise in 3 and roll up on an sti and stack the rpm's and drop that f00

1 - 8 of 8 Posts