Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
It's been fun.......
3,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I already purchased the white Tribute handles on my ZX5 before
I saw the address from another forum member on where to get them
on line for less wholesalepartsconnection.com. Well anyway, just to see how badly the local Mazda dealer overcharged me I went to the web site and looked up my handles.
It turns out that I paid about $35 more for the 4 handles than I could have gotten
them for on line. Bummer but it's done.

Now the real reason for this post. It turns out that all the colors offered on line
are $19 EXCEPT the white handles and they are $26 and some change.
I didn't realize white paint was more expensive[confused]???? Maybe it's inthe pigment?

Anyway, for those of you who have the white focus and plan on replacing the handles
be prepared because you'll pay about $30 more than anyone else

·
Registered
14 Posts
As near as I can tell the Tribute Merlot Pearl is the same color as the Focus Sangria Red. The only red I see listed at wholesalepartsconnection.com is plain red, which I assume is the Redfire Metallic. Anyone have a part number for the Merlot Pearl handles?

·
Registered
232 Posts
Believe it or not, i think white paint is actually harder to make out of dyes and the such.

·
Registered
232 Posts
So basically i go to the mazda dealership, tell them i want Tribute handles in Calypso Blue and thats all i need?

They dont have calypso blue on the wholesaleparts.com. They only have true blue and i havent a clue what that looks like.

And the blue handles online are 28.44 not 19 bucks.

·
Registered
161 Posts
exactly which path do I go to on wholesalepartsconnection.com to get to the handle part? I don't consider myself a moron, but I can't seem to find it...

·
Registered
892 Posts
As far as Ford/Mazda colors being the same, the Mazda parts guys will be little or no help.

Guys there isnt a magic easy way, you are just going to have to do the legwork yourself. I know the Sangria handles are the same because I bought them, A couple guys have bought the white and reported they are the same.

The black LOOKS the same to me, I also saw the silver and it looks real close to CD silver, but I would have to see them side by side to tell for sure.

You guys with blue cars need to go to the dealer and see for yourself. If someone tells you they are the same, you spend $60+, and they end up being different, your screwed.

When ordering painted parts from Mazda, they are special order parts, you order them and pay for them, they are yours, NO RETURNS.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I must have missed something. Do the tribute handles fit on the focus? Sorry if this is a lame ass question. LOL. Thanks.

·
Registered
90 Posts
What path do I take at the wholesalepartsconnection.com website, I could not find them. Does anyone have a pic of these installed on a focus. Thanks for the quick answer. :)

·
Focus Addict
1,245 Posts
There is another recent thread on this. Let me see if I can find it.

·
Registered
232 Posts
zzzts, if you go have them painted, it will cost you prolly 100+ and your not guaranteed the paint will stay on.

If you get the mazda ones you can be more assured the paint is painted on to stay.

Oh and the Calypso blue looks the same as twilight blue. I havent gone to the DEALER and looked yet, but i will, and im sure its exactly the same. I dont know what TRUE BLUE is tho and thats the only blue listed on the wholesaleparts.com place.

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
I think a great service we could all do for each other is the people who have bought the handles to post part numbers of the colored handles so that the rest of us don't have to work so hard :) ok... who's got the part numbers for black handles?

·
Focus Addict
1,245 Posts
For black, you might as well get the SVTF ones. I dont know if Tribute black ones will match color wise or be any cheaper.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts