Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. Has anyone removed the triangle grills from the outside? How is it done and from what spot to what spot? Having bad thoughts of breaking them. Thanks

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Naw, no painting. Just led drl's. I read Tony's post on installing the led lights and someone posted that he removed the grills from the outside rather than jacking up the car, removing the bottom wind shield, then taking out the bottom panel of the triangle grill. I'm pretty sure they are popped right in during building the car but just unsure how secure.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Naw, no painting. Just led drl's. I read Tony's post on installing the led lights and someone posted that he removed the grills from the outside rather than jacking up the car, removing the bottom wind shield, then taking out the bottom panel of the triangle grill. I'm pretty sure they are popped right in during building the car but just unsure how secure.
Yeah, it's fairly simple. Get a panel tool, or plastic wedge and run it around the outside of the triangle piece. I would suggest using plastic because you kinda have to pry against the painted edge. It just pops out. Don't kill yourself trying to do it the way Tony did.

·
Registered
56 Posts
What did tony do with LEDs and the front grills? Can you link me? I was thinking about painting the very top edges of the each horizonal grill thing silver to match the 17" painted wheels on my car. I wouldnt mind doing some LED work too.

·
Registered
190 Posts
What did tony do with LEDs and the front grills? Can you link me? I was thinking about painting the very top edges of the each horizonal grill thing silver to match the 17" painted wheels on my car. I wouldnt mind doing some LED work too.

It's out there somewhere... search LED DRL's. Take a look at my sig pic. Mine was done for about $20, he used a name brand LED manufacturer and spent about $80. Looks and functions the same, time will tell if my cheapos last.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts